Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Let`s Talk -- how was you day today !!

@maddison , tag me anytime  my friend  xxx xxx

I am here for you anytime  

Anytime you want to chat,  we are here for you 

@Adge , @Former-Member , @Determined , @Faith-and-Hope , @Anastasia 

Hello my @Adge  xoxo how are you  today 

Hello @Anastasia  how are you tonight  xx  

Hello @Jynx , @Jupiter , @Whitehawk 

Hello @Shaz51 

You really are wonder woman my friend ❤️❤️❤️

Hello @maddison welcome, I'm happy you feel a little better being here. It's helped me just not to feel so alone, always happy to chat hun X

Hello @Adge @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Determined 💜💙♥️❤️

Hello @Shaz51 Your plant/ flower pictures, butterflies & frogs are lovely.

Your garden must look amazing - at least I imagine that it does...

Adge

Hi @Anastasia I am a big fan of Roses - love Heritage (Old World) Roses especially.

So your Avatar picture of pink roses, appeals to me.

Adge

Hi @Shaz51 @Anastasia 

Thankyou for your support. I really need it right now.

I don't want to burden you with all my problems! I don't really have many, I'm just at a complete loss as to how to help my good friend who is off medication.

We live together. He has schizophrenia. I cannot force him to take meds & health professionals who have spoken to him have assessed him as being ok 

I am watching him progressively decline. It has only been over a week. Based on past experience, at about 3 weeks he starts to become very sick.

He is difficult to be around at moment. His moods are unstable & yesterday was scary.

I am trying to prevent hospitalization, or even just decline in mental state, but there is nothing I can do. I literally have to wait for him to get really bad ( of course I hope he doesn't, but I'm sure he will) 

It is breaking my heart to see someone I care about become different, & 'totured' by illness. It also overwhelming for me to deal with his anger.

Thankyou for reading. 

Maddison

Hello @maddison 

Oh that is such a lot to deal with. I am sorry to hear. I can relate as my son has schizoeffective disorder as his main diagnosis but also battles with other demons. Day to day I never know what to expect as his moods change frequently. He's never violent or aggressive thank goodness, in fact he has a beautiful nature, something under the circumstances I am eternally grateful for.  His doctors have been adjusting his meds for over two and a half years but still not right yet. He's 19 so my input is limited and his current dr dismisses me at times which makes me mad.

You are a good friend supporting your friend. I take my hat off to you. It's never easy and plays havoc with our own mental health. I really hope he gets the right help and things improve for you both. My son lies about taking his at times so I know how hard it is when they are not medicated. Thinking of you hun x

Hello @Shaz51 ♥️

Hello @Adge , I love roses too. My favourite flowers are tulips and sunflowers 🙂🌷🌞

hello and hugs @Anastasia@maddison HeartHeart

sending you understanding hugs 

@greenpea 

Hello @Anastasia,
Thanks a lot for your reply. It does help to know I'm not alone. Thank you very much for your compassion and taking the time to write. I know for me it can be difficult & time consuming, but it does help to know their are others in community exactly like me. I feel so hopeless & desperately alone when things are struggling as they are now. So, THANK U 🙂 I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I completely agree it plays havoc with our own mental health. I try to be mindful, & create with purpose activities for my sanity & self care, but it still does affect me. I am only one person after all & sometimes severe mental illness requires a community, which I am currently lacking. Its scary & overwhelming. I am happy to hear your son has a beautiful nature. It gives me hope & reminds me how badly some people with mental health issues are stereotyped as bad, or dangerous. I believe my friend is kind & loving at heart, but I worry that the enormity & weight of illness can become overbearing for his mind to cope & results in short temper, paranoia & other negative symptoms. I will just have to go day by day. Sorry if that was a lot! I'm finding writing it out, makes my relax a bit.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance