Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Just wondering what are some good ways of thanking someone for their emotional support?

Hi all its Lost Angel just wondering Ive had someone be very suppoertive emotionally speaking for the last few months while Ive been dealing with or at times not dealing with a situation would like to thank this person but not sure what would be a good way of saying thank you theyve helped me emotionally and at times practically so I need to do something in return or I feel the need to do something in return anyway just looking for ideas Lost Angel

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Just wondering what are some good ways of thanking someone for their emotional support?

Write them a letter, your own handwriting is like a fingerprint you lend to people for as long as they will care for it

Re: Just wondering what are some good ways of thanking someone for their emotional support?

Hi @LostAngel, that's great you've had someone be so supportive of you throughout what sounds like a challenging time.

I guess there are lots options for what you could do! Personally I'm a fan of just honestly communicating how much someone's support has meant to me and how much I value them; and likewise when I've been on the receiving end of that honest thank you, it's made all the support I've provided worth it.

Other options could be getting them a small gift? Helping them out with something they might need help with which you can do, for instance- gardening? Cooking them a nice meal? These are just some ideas- you'd have a much better idea of what this person might like or need than myself. 

In saying this of course, we are never obligated or expected to do things in return for people who've supported us. But I can also understand why you'd like to do something nice as a thank you for the level of support they've given you 💕

thank you @girrasole and @NoLongerATree some great ideas to start with
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance