Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hangar

Hoping your afternoon is going ok @HenryX @BlueBay @Sphinxly @Anastasia @MDT ❤️

Sounds like a nice afternoon for you @HenryX 

Hi! @MDT 
@BlueBay  How's your afternoon so far?

Just took a bath lol @Former-Member
Went for a coastal walk and a swim today. Needed some nature.

Hello @HenryX 

I read you post on virtual writing thread and have responded to you.

I also followed on a bit from last story leaving it open for anyone to follow on from there or start something else

Looking forward to writing again.

Thank you I will wait for your reply either here or over there whichever you prefer..

Sophia

Sounds good @MDT 

Hello @Former-Member , @Emelia8 , @Sophia1 , @BlueBay , @Anastasia ,@Appleblossom , @Oaktree, @Judi9877 , @MDT , @ArtistZ , @RedHorse , @Adge , @Exoplanet , @Shaz51 , @Arizona

This afternoon was quiet. Not unusual where I am. I attended the RSL meeting just before 5.00 pm AWST, then had a cup of tea and a bite to eat.

Part of post deleted to comply with guidlines.

@BlueBay , I'm always pleased to offer what I can. I hope that the words carry positive meaning for you. I very much hope that you are able to control or at least alleviate the pain that you have been feeling.

I hear you about the rain and thunderstorms. A lot of rain here and very strong winds.

You mentioned rain in your area. We have also had quite a lot of rain in the Mid-West of W.A. The difficulty is, if the rain is more than a sprinkle, the crops take some time to dry sufficiently for harvest to continue, or to start in some cases. If it rains for two days and, depending on the following winds and temperatures, takes two or three days to dry out, nearly a week is lost. And if another cold front brings more rain, the same cycle over again. In this time the crops are losing condition, so it's a double blow. The same or similar weather events seem to be occuring across the Southern Half of Australia. Still, that's farming which, as some say, is always something of a gamble.

@Mumi , I understand that often times, If someone has written a “letter” or in my case “a book”, it may leave you and others feeling that they should respond, even when they have neither the time nor the inclination. I like to think of what I have written as a gift. It's my belief that a gift is offered unconditionally, with no strings attached. If there are conditions or expectations attached, then, to me, it seems more like a transaction, which is something very different.

There are certainly times when I feel less inclined, or even unable to respond and correspond, so I am also aware of those feelings. We often see expressions like “If you feel like responding....” or words to that effect. I do believe that the majority of us take it as given that if someone feels that they are able to respond, that's fine. If someone feels unable to respond, for whatever reason, that is also fine, no explanation or apology expected or required. Our major concern is that we wish the other person well, and their response, when ever they feel up to giving it, will arrive and be received gratefully. When someone responds to our message we can feel a sense of that gratefulness and privilege that accompanies a gift offered and received. I believe that I can comfortably assure you, certainly in my case, and I believe for others also, that there really is no need for any apology.

@Sophia1 , Thank you for your visit this afternoon. I shall visit the writing thread and endeavour to contribute to the story line. I am pleased that you have found my note regarding the writing thread and appreciate your visit to this threadand the "Hangar". As can be seen there is a wide range of topics here with plenty of room for contemplation, dreaming, enjoyment and fantasy too.

And @Sophia1 , don't think that you are the only one who loses stuff. I just had to “Edit” back 26 letters, individually, to recover work that I had highlighted, and thinking I was on the next page, I wiped the whole of what I had prepared here, and had written a couple of sentences before I became aware of what I had done.. Thankfully, by using that process, I was able to recover it.

@The-Hams , golly you're a quiet fellow. I have appreciated your responses from time to time. Thank you. And, you also may feel that sense of openness with your current work activity coming to a close. My best wishes for the next steps.

@Anastasia , I am aware that you are well occupied at the moment. I have a feeling that, as @ArtistZ  has found, following her completion of study, there comes a sudden moment of feeling that the sides of the container have fallen over, and there appears to be nothing to hold onto. Anastasia presented a lovely picnic setting with flowers, cheese, wine and a lovely assortment of salad vegetable sticks (Julienne) to accompany the dips, in a previous post.

My inclusion of @ArtistZ's forum address is an invitation to her to come and have a look at the “Hangar” to see what goes on and who is around. And I hope @Anastasia will be happy to apply her response to support another invitation to @RedHorse , who is also keen to have a look at the writing thread set up initially by @Sophia1 .

@Shaz51 has visited the “Hangar”, about a week ago and said hi also to @Meowmy and others.

@Emelia8 and I have had some very pleasant conversations and keep each other company with “Support”s.

@Meowmy @TAB & @Sphinxly have all visited and are most welcome to join in and contribute to the activity, here in the “Hangar”.

With My Best Wishes to All

@HenryX

Thanks for the tag @HenryX 

Thought I'd trot into your hangar to say Hi 🙋
What a lovely place you have here!

Have included a pic of my cousin, Blucifer, at Denver International Airport 😁

Wishing you and everyone passing this way a pleasant afternoon/evening.

Take care, RedHorse 🌹🐴

gettyimages-161067354.jpg

Thank you @HenryX  for the invitation 🙂

I hope you had a lovely day. I had to buy enough fruit to make a platter for tomorrow so it was like choosing a colour palette 🙂

I hope you have an excellent weekend - and everyone passing through the hanger 😃 @RedHorse 

Hello @RedHorse and @ArtistZ , @Former-Member , @Sophia1 , @MDT  and all other visitors to the thread.

Pleased that you both found the "Hangar" interesting. Everyone brings something of themselves which helps to develop the themes and "atmosphere".

I like the artist's palette analogy @ArtistZ for the fruit platter.

The picture of your cousin, @RedHorse  has not yet been cleared, but I will keep an eye on your post so that I will know of whom you are speaking. Thank you for your contribution.

My hope is that everyone will have a refreshing and enjoyable weekend.

Best Wishes to All

@HenryX 

Thanks for thinking of me @HenryX 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance