Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Good morning @outlander and may your day go well. Bimby2.

Good morning @greenpea and hope your day will be a pleasant one. Bimby2.

Hi @greenpea and all. Quite proud of myself at the moment but also having panic hangover. Really strange way to feel.

Proud that I faced a great fear, and even though it was really hard and triggering did it. And maybe will help others through it. Made it to and through the mammogram van. Had emailed them about if they would help me and if I could back out if I needed to. One lady rang and went through a lot with me, and then had the one that would do it from the van also ring me so I kind of had a connection with her first. Nearly turned back 4 times before I got there (only took 5 minutes to get there). The lady I spoke to had organised for me to go when there was not going to be anyone there for nearly an hour, and met me at the door so I didn't think I could just leave. She went through everything first. And I gave her a list of what I needed from her which she read and went through with me first. They have no policies or info or anything about dealing with people like me that can 'disappear' on them, go into a panic attack or forget to breathe. She had to keep bringing me back but we got there! Then I went into a full on panic in the change room which she handled with me. Had another couple after coming home. 

In between panic I managed to email them and thank them for their caring and support. They asked for a copy of my list, and they are going to take that to their management and ask for it to be implemented and for some sort of info brochure to be made available for us. So I suppose that is something good to come out of it. And they are sending a copy of the email to the lady that did it and making sure she knows I appreciate it. So hope that shows how I appreciate her care for me.

And I found a book the other day in Coles with the kids mags called Go Girl. It is a colouring book with positive messages to colour as well as activities to encourage yourself. A friend challenged me to do one page which asks for 5 special things about yourself. Had to tell her I could only get 2, so she sent me a list of 23! Bought it because I like colouring and thought some of the messages may sink in

Hope you have a good day

very well done, sounds @cutiepiekitty , sounds like it was tough. Hope you enjoy your book, thats nice to hear. Some people I used to know couldnt think of 1 positive thing when given that  exercise. Hope your day goes okay

Thanks @TAB  J is great value as a true loving friend. She can always see the good in everyone

It's good to have friends, especially like that @cutiepiekitty  Cat Happy

Good morning to all here today.  @Judi9877 @MDT @outlander @Owlunar @greenpea @Ant7 @Bimby2 @cutiepiekitty @TAB @BlueBay @frog @Molliex @octavia @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @The-red-centaur   thanks to you all for the greetings today and yesterday.   Not getting much time to respond individually at this time.  So busy offline atm but always thinking of folk here.  Hope today is one of the better ones.  Hi also to @Scarecrowe @Adge @saturnzoon @CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope @Teej @Angels333 @Maggie @Former-Member @Gazza75 @Exoplanet @Sophia1 @Queenie @Doglover @Snowie @Sans911 @Appleblossom   hope today is going well for you all.

I have another meeting with my coordinator of supports this afternoon.  Was meant to have a possible new support worker come for a meet n greet to but she's postponed as she's unwell.  So now I'm seeing her Monday.  Also meeting with my peer mentor tomorrow morning and another meet n greet at the end of that.  And need to did out my resume which hasn't been updated in over 10 years - not that there's much to add - for my peer mentor to help me with She's lovely and said that we will make it look beautiful.  I like the hope she gives me.

Then might be heading to the farm for the weekend (depends on risk of fires) to get away from a really noisy event in town over the weekend and if we do I'll not be around for Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!  So if anyone else wants to get it started that would be much appreciated.

Love to all.  Take care xx

Morning forumites

Off to work today briefly as I left something behind yesterday that I need lol.

Silly me.

Hope you have a good day

Good morning @eth and hope your plans work to your advantage. Best wishes my friend, always. Bimby2.

Hope it is a Good Day

for @greenpea and the furry feathery guyz

220px-Corvus_coronoides AustRaven.jpg220px-Podargus_strigoides_tawneyfrogmouth.jpg220px-Litoria_moorei,_calling.jpgkoala.jpgKangaroo mob.jpegMerino.jpeg

and @Bimby2 @TAB  @MDT 

What a good idea ...  @eth about help with resume ... I will ask my peer support wkr to help me with that. I always get confused about selliing myself and throw it in ...

@cutiepiekitty Hope the colouring helps ... I am going to do some now ... on my emotion wheels ...

CHeers ALL. whatever the weather.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance