Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

For the book lovers

Hi everyone, I've noticed there are heaps of us around here who like reading and thought it might be nice to have a place to chat all things books.

For me, reading is a great distraction and escape when I can concentrate. 

I'd love to hear what everyone enjoys reading. What's everyone reading at the moment? Do you like a particular genre of books or are you a pick-up-anything-and-go kind of person? Do you have a go-to book that you find yourself returning to often? Is there somewhere you like to sit (or lie down or curl up) and read?

Looking forward to hearing from some of you!

By the way, how amazing is this chair?! I would LOVE to have something like this to hang out in.

images (36).jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Re: For the book lovers

Hi @Former-Member

My go-to book is the Alchemist by Paul Coehlo. I'm not sure if the spelling of his last name is correct.
Have you ever tead it?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Kurra - i haven't read it but I just had a quick read of a plot summary (carefully because i can't stand when plot summaries turn out to be spoilers). It sounds amazing! It's in the Guinness book of records for most translated book - how have I missed this? Reading the plot summary, I can see why it could be a go to. I'm hoping to get to the local library soon and might have to borrow it.

Do that @Former-Member. It inspired me to pursue my journey of delf discovery !
Former-Member
Not applicable

haha love the chair @Former-Member

my favourite book series is the outlander book series by diana galabdon. its soo awesome. it really helps me get out of my own head into the book. its soo descriptive and you just want to keep reading more more and more. its set in another time zone think its 1800s but its soo awesome it about time travel from modern day to then through stones. its great, highly reccomend that it anyone

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3679.On_Beauty 

I really enjoyed the deep, meaningful, subtle and nuanced narratives in this book which embraced a lot of cultural and Black Lives Matter issues.  Published in 2005, pity it did not helped de-escalate the polarisations that seem increased through 2020.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance