Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Hearing you @Zoe7 .  That’s the point in our chaos where we start buying the missing items again .... and then you’ve got current stock, and stock displaced in packing ..... and if you keep repeating it, then eventually stop and unpack everything ..... you could hold a swap meet all on your own !!

Sorry you have met with that frustration, but I am glad for the things you have found, and I have no doubt you will put the rest together quite promptly.

Hi @BlueBay @Former-Member @Former-Member @oceangirl @Snowie @Sans911 .... anyone else around.

I am very much hoping I can get what I need from work as I can't afford to personally replace some things @Faith-and-Hope Struggling again with money after taking Cat to the vet and receiving another large bill today ...that one I have a month to pay though so can save some from the next couple of pays. Next week I can sort out the days I worked but haven't been payed for so that will certainly help - that will likely take a few weeks to come through though.

How are you going tonight? Are you on top of the shingles now?

Hi @Zoe7 @Former-Member ...

anyone else around .... I am full-on with Photoshop homework tonight.  Just a fly-by on a break.

Shingles seem to have been a very light dose that the med took care of, although a little headachey tonight, and crampiness is still around.  Will have to be careful about my energy levels and take some short-cuts where I need to.

Big hugs also to @Snowie 💜❄️💕

I hope you can get a lot done tonight but don't over do it either Hon. You have been struggling to catch up since you have been back and you still need sleep. I know Photoshop is your 'nemesis' @Faith-and-Hope so goodluck with your homework.

Glad that the shingles have been a minor rather than major dose. Look after yourself tonight and just do what you can manage. I'll be signing off shortly myself - going to do a little more of Giraffe's head tonight. Don't think I will be sleeping for a while so the distraction will be good. If I don't 'see' you again tonight then sleep well Hon Heart

How is the song selection going @Former-Member ?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Narrowing it down @Zoe7  

Brother and I pretty much decided, but sister putting spanner in the works as I speak now. She's in a different time zone of course. Just when I want to head off to bed. Sometimes I think shes also from a different planet!

What do you think of - You raise me up by Josh Groban, Wind beneath my wings by Bette Midler, In Dreams by Roy Orbison?

Also, I think it was you who asked if I speak to brother daily. Though it could have been @Faith-and-Hope  who asked. Anyway the answer is, yes I do. Every evening this week. Plus other times when funeral decisions or info he doesnt know, is needed during dealings with funeral ditectors.

I spoke to him more often of course when mum was in hospital because he was there all the time. But he is way behind with work, given everything thats been happening, so he is out trying to catch up a bit. Mainly dozer work, and running his farm.

Sherry 💕

You Raise Me Up and Wind Beneath My WIngs are two of my favourite songs @Former-Member They have so much meaning behind them and are wonderful choices. I have no doubt your Mum would approve of all three 💐😍

You and your brother have been through so much this year Hon so I am really glad you are there to support each other. Your sister being on the other side of the world certainly doesn't help with the communication. Is she coming back for the funeral?

I am going to head off myself now Sherry, do a little of the Giraffe's head and then see if I can get some sleep tonight. These current meds are not helping with getting to sleep but my GP has suggested I increase one of my night meds - only issue there is they are the most expensive and would then mean I need to buy them every fortnight - going to try the increased dose for the next couple of nights though and see if it makes a difference.

You are doing such a wonderful job getting things organised Hon and it is truly inspiring how much strength you are showing. Do not underestimate just how much inner strength you have - we see it everyday here and that is something that gives us all a lift. So much love and admiration for you Heart Goodnight my sweet Sherry 💐

Leaving this here for you both @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member ...and anyone else passing through Heart

Image result for inspirational quotes

Thank you so much for the lovely meme @Zoe7 ❣️

I stayed up late last night, then got up and went from one class to another across the day, and to the library st lunch time.  It’s because I have finally engaged properly with this first Photoshop assignment, and it’s a big one .... but I am really enjoying what I am putting together.

Its been a long day, and I am tired, but just chugging along with it anyway ..... will probably head to bed early myself.  I hope you have had an okay day.

@Former-Member thibkibg of you 💜💕. You are mind your brother are actually creating some very special memories, caring for your mother’s funeral preparations with such care and devotion.  It’s a shame that your sister can’t see that, and engage with the spirit of what you’re doing, but everyone responds differently, as she is demonstrating.  Please try not to let her seeming absence and indifference affect this time for you ..... place some boundaries if you can ..... because this time is for you.

Incoming hugs ..... 🧸💕

Hi to anyone else who is around 👋

helllo @Faith-and-Hope , @Zoe7 , @Former-Member , @BlueBay , @Former-Member 

no smoky today @Zoe7  as we have a show holiday today xx

my mum was going to go home today but her wound is not healing good , soo mum has to stay for the weekend

mr shaz want to go and take photos tomorow

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance