Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Dear @Faith-and-Hope 

Sending loving feelings for your trip, your children and your artistic pursuits.  Look forward to hearing from you when you return.

Heart

@Zoe7  So glad to hear your meds are finally working and you are more optimistic about life atm.  It is great your school is seeing your abilities and you are able to help settle children that may have become disruptive.  That quality attention is worth more than gold.

Heart

@Former-Member Your warmth is contagious.  Enjoy your trip.

Heart

@Former-Member  Good to see you back posting, though hoping the issues settle.

Heart

Course BLAH is a feeling @Shaz51 

Hugs

Heart

Smiley Very Happy

I have had a very busy and productive week, amazing even miraculous, but there is always something.

I keep forgetting to close the lid on my water bottle and my poor bag is sick of lining being pulled out to dry and poor wallet is tired of being drenched.

Smiley SurprisedSmiley EmbarassedSmiley Frustrated

Lots of feelings and doings and thinkings.

Smiley Happy

easier day today after a big day yesterday  @Appleblossom 

cleaned mum`s house today and washing

wet here, soo no work this afternoon

should be doind something but !!!!!

@Former-Member, @Former-Member , @Zoe7 , @Faith-and-Hope 

Rain has set in here. @Shaz51 

Could be a sign its time to do rest and self care.... Not just indoor/outdoor work.

Heart

very true @Appleblossom Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Appleblossom @Shaz51  😊  I will try to catch up with you on your threads later.

@Former-Member ... thankyou beautiful ... my day has been very busy, but also productive in that I got lots done. 

I did my morning volunteer work at the nursing home. Really wanted to get there as I will be away next week, and the old lady I visit had a fall and broke her pelvis on the weekend.  Poor old dear, she is still in a fair amount of pain after a day in hospital and being bedridden for several more. Today was the first day she has been allowed up.  In a wheelchair though, which she is not keen on, as she's normally very active physically.  Her necessary restrictions are not sitting well with her at all.

I also got my girl Holly to the vet for her annual checkup and vaccinations.  In between that, I managed to get to the shops to get a few essentials like milk and bread, and some salmon from the local fisho.  Hubby's favourite meal.  Then it was off to hubbys medical appointment early afternoon.  He has another appointment tomorrow.  That ... thankfully ... is the last apt before I leave on Monday night.  So its one of those days where I have been in and out of town like a jack-in-the-box.

Tomorrow will be a bit the same. Hubbys medical appointment, and in the afternoon I have an appointment for a haircut.  I was going to delay it until after I get home from my trip away, but in the end my hair has been annoying me so much ... I rang and got an appointment for tomorrow.  I'm glad now.  A good move I think.  

@Zoe7  How did your school day go today with your 4/5 class?  And also your pdoc appointment?  I know it has been a very long and probably emotionally exhausting day, so perhaps you're not feeling like being here this evening.  And thats okay ... just take care ... please.  And give Toby a big hug from me.  Holly is feeling a little out of sorts tonight, fairly normal for her after her vaccinations.  She will be fine tomorrow though.  She is a little devil, when we went into the vet room, the vet tried to bribe her with some liver treats.  She wouldnt have a bar of it, just turned her head away and sulked.  Once all the needles and checks were done, she was back to her usual bouncy happy self. So I said to the vet ... she will likely take one of those treats from you now.  Which she very willingly and gratefully did. So she got a few from the vet then.

How is your giraffe going Zoe?

@Faith-and-Hope .... thinking of you overseas ... where you are hopefully enjoying the sights, sounds, smells, flavours and excitement of being in another country.  Really hope you are finding some time to yourself where you can 'just be'.

Waves to @BlueBay @eth @outlander and any other visitors to the thread.

Okay, need to go prepare dinner .... just want to debone and scale the salmon.  One thing which you need to be very careful with for people with Parkinsons Disease (hubby) ... is that they are very prone to choking.  Dont want to take any unnecessary risks.  Enjoy your evening everyone.

Sherry 🌸

Today's update: @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Former-Member @MDT @Sans911 @Snowie @Adge @Teej @CheerBear @eth @greenpea @BlueBay and all following along...

@Former-Member You have achieved so much today - well done you 🎉👍

Still a few things for you to do before you go away Monday but it will be nice to have them done - especially your hair done.  Love hearing about Holly at the vets. Toby loves his vet so our visits are pretty easy.  Will book them both in for their annual check ups in a couple of weeks when I have been paid for the extra days.

I had a challenging day with the 4/5s - they were very noisy but I kept them in at lunch time to make up the time they wasted. They were much better after lunch so maybe the message got through. I have a little marking to do tonight and some more to do before next week. It will give me a much better idea of the level each of the students are at too and I can tailor my planning for next week accordingly.

I did see my pdoc and she was very happy with how I am going. The meds are finally working. We talked about my SI and how low I was but she said she can see I have my spark back and that last time she saw me I was definitely not in a good place so she is really pleased I got through the last few weeks. We discussed how hard it had been but I made it despite how I was feeling. That is so much to do with the support here helping me get through some of those really hard days.

We are not changing anything but she is still mindful that I am not where I was a few months ago and that there will still be some hard days - just need to get through those as best I can. She is also really pleased I have the support I do from work and super happy that I will be at this school all year.

@Faith-and-Hope As always I have been thinking of you today and hoping you have been able to submit your visual diary work. We had a Whacky Wednesday for staff where we all had to wear some kind of headwear. There were so many bows and flowers that it reminded me of a group of peacocks so of course I was thinking of you Smiley Very Happy I am not a bows and flowers kind of girl so I wore a bandana instead. The kids love it and are beginning to guess what kind of theme we have going. It is nice that I will be there for the Wednesdays now to participate. Next week it is bandages so that should be obvious to the kids Smiley Surprised I hope you are settled in and MIL is not causing you too much grief. I know it will be hard for you to get through these weeks with her there but I am sure you will show the way for you and your baby dragons with your usual grace and positivity. Much love and huge hugs coming your way 💜💙💚🧡💛🌹🌷🌸🌺💕

@Zoe7  thank you for including the pea in your posting. I appreciate it even if I don't say much I really like to read how you are going and what has been happening in your life :)xx

Always happy to include the little pea @greenpea Smiley Very Happy Makes it easier too if I include you here or wherever I post longer updates. Heart

thank you @Sans911  for your support , means soo much to me xoxo

hope you are ok today xx

Even if I don't directly say anything @Shaz51 you always have my support. I don't think you realise how much admiration I have for you. You're incredibly courageous, kind and caring, supportive and encouraging of others. Yet you have a quiet strength and resilience that you carry with such dignity. You are going through so many challenges yourself, yet you are always here for others. You ROCK Sister!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance