Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

@Former-Member Just saw the last quarter of your game - so close Hon - sorry your Swannies didn't get up. I really thought they were in with a chance in that last few minutes Smiley Sad

How are you travelling tonight?

@Faith-and-Hope How is that visual diary wotk going? I am still feeling exhausted from all the work I have done today but need to do a few more things tonight. Been relaxing watching footy and it has been nice to just sit and so very little for the evening. The game was really close which had me jumping off the couch several times - poor Toby didn't know whether he was Arthur or Martha with all the up and down we were both doing lol

Going well @Zoe7.

This work is from last semester for a unit that runs the whole year, and we had until the end of the mid-semester break to complete the diary requirements for last semester, but for a variety of reasons, that has been pushed forward a couple of weeks again ..... thankfully, as it suits me and what has been happening since I got back.

I wasn’t sure how much there was to do until I started into it, and I am happy that it will come together nicely by tomorrow night.  

The first diary task for this semester isn’t due until next week, so it’s all feeling okay.

That is great that it is manageable with the deadline pushed forward @Faith-and-Hope and that you will be able to get it done by tomorrow night ...alomg with the newer diary task being a week away.

Do you have any plans for tomorrow (apart from visual diary work)? 

Church, family lunch, then more diary work @Zoe7 .  The weather is a bit wild here tonight, so I hope that settles a bit by tomorrow.  Haven’t looked up the weather yet.  I am happy to do that in the morning when I wake up.  It will be what it will be anyway, so there is no use fretting about it tonight.

We have had a really nice day here today @Faith-and-Hope but are expecting it to be windy tomorrow - must be getting some of your weather heading our way. I am glad I got so much of the outside done today as it doesn't look like I will be able to do anymore tomorrow. Got a few more things done tonight but still more I want to finish before I try for sleep. I need to have tomorrow for planning and I will feel much better about that if I have the house clean. Hope you can finish up and sleep soon too.

Better head off and get things finished. Will check in with you tomorrow. Goodnight Hon Heart

Goodnight @Zoe7 💚😴

💜 @Former-Member .....

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Zoe7  I actually didnt see all of the Swans game.  Had a big big argument with hubby and ended up taking refuge under my doona.  But I followed the game on my mobile phone, also your Lions game as well.  It must have been an exciting game with your Lions - the lead changed numerous times in the final quarter.  And the Lions came back from a deficit earlier.  They did really well.  The Swans ... well ... sounds like they were competitive, and perhaps a little unlucky in the final minutes not to snatch back a win.  Always next weekend.  Needless to say, I was not travelling too well last night.  I had been trying to write a bit of a tribute to Mum all afternoon.  But kept getting disrupted by hubbys needs and demands. So a distinct lack of concentration has not helped the writing.  Then as I was serving dinner, a good friend of hubbys phoned from interstate.  I was serving dinner, but answered the phone.  Said hi and how's things, small talk, typical.  And he was not aware of my Mum having died, would not have been interested if he had. I didnt say anything, because clearly he rang to speak to hubby not me, so I said I would put him on.  So I handed the phone to hubby, and kept on with what I was doing. After hubby got off the phone he blasted me for not talking to his mate.  How rude of me!  He said "I will remember this" in a threatening and derisive manner. But did I actually do anything wrong? I was tired, I didnt feel like small talk, he hadnt rung to speak to me.  Anyway it escalated into a massive argument.  And I feel gutted.

Thanks for the 💕  last night @Faith-and-Hope ... I really needed them.

Today ... trying to get ready for travelling South early on tuesday in preparation for Mums funeral on Friday. So much still to do, just to get hubby organised, let alone anything else.  It would be so much easier if I just went by myself. And if I did, I would go by train. But he wants to go, so it means I have to drive the distance.  Really not up to it now.  Back and shoulder has been playing up worse than usual again, probably stress and tension is not helping.  But driving just makes it worse. I am really dreading all the driving.  Another concern is that with me feeling as I currently am, it would be so easy just to let go of the wheel and be done with it all.  It would be a welcome relief.

Sherry 

Hearing you @Former-Member ..... and familiar with your hubby’s mindset and mood rages, although we have got much less of it going on at the moment.  For us, now, it’s random, rarer episodes.

This time will pass Hon.  It’s a “walking through the valley” time, and there are future mountaintops to reach where the view is lovely ..... just keep trekking, as we are, along with you.

Hugs n hugs ...... 💜💐💜🌷💜

@Former-Member I know it feels insufferable at the moment Hon and very much hearing how incredibly hard it is. I have very few words that would help but here with you and sending you much love  💜💙💚🧡💛

@Faith-and-Hope 👋💐😍

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance