Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

My hair is neatened up, I used a 9mm instead of the 3 this time - 'cause I'm determined the season is changing 😉 & the little fluffball has a face 🙂 His breed is known for having the eyes weep, that substance then dries quite hard, it's like he grows his own sticks to poke in his eyes! He's so brave, a little dog & a giant pair of electric clippers coming staight at his face . . . straight at his eyes . . . & we still manage to get the job done 🙂 I did all the washing, I'm glad I did there was a lot of favourites in there that I'll pack for the beach. I'm pretty beach-brained at the moment, though a touch of fear is creeping in, I've just got to remember it's excitement & go with it. Camp-case no.1 is sitting lid up on the lounge room floor & I've started my list {gotta have lists :)} with it. And the count-down begins, I leave in a few days. 

It's nice & cool again this morning, I even got the Staffies soft fluffy 'dressing gown' out last night. I noticed he wasn't on the bed this morning & he was still wearing it - guess I'd better pack that too 🙂 He's going to have to have a bath before we go, whilst on our walk yesterday he ran up to me all covered in mud. I didn't actually look at the dam, but going by his 'beauty treatment' I'd say the water's all but gone. I guess I'd hoped it would last a little longer as it's not getting as hot, though still in the mid 30's. I combed the dry mud out before I put his PJ's on, but he'll need a proper bath to glow & shine properly 🙂 

It's been such a long time since I've so looked forward to something, a year if not 2, since I first started trying to 'get out there'. It all came to a screeching halt one dramatic Christmas, I think maybe I'm actually begining to feel a bit like I did before the clash. I still love my Daughter & her kids, I always will, but I should have 'let go' decades before. Now I don't have to feel like a burden to her, I'm finally standing on my own 2 feet - well 10 really, I've got a couple of puppies holding me up 🙂 

Love to all that need or want it Heart

MazyHeart @Mazarita  @Teej  @eth  @Appleblossom  @greenpea  @Shaz51  @outlander @Zoe7  @Faith-and-Hope  

hugs and love @Exoplanet  Heart

My little fluffball really needs a bath and a haircut too @Exoplanet The vet thinks it is the longest she has seen his hair - she called him her shaggy little fella last week when she saw him lol It is probably the longest I have grown his hair but he looks so cute that I don't want to cut it too short - and he doesn't like me trimming around his tail and bottom so he needs his chew bone to distract him. Maybe this weekend I can give him his haircut.

Lots of love & hugs to you too @Shaz51  Heart Heart Heart

@Zoe7 , my little fluffball is a different dog each season 🙂 I let the hair on his torso grow during Winter & he becomes a scraggy shaggy little fella, I shave him completely for Summer & he becomes a 1/2 size, sleek, velvet little fella, I leave the hair across his shoulders & chest during the inbetween months & he becomes a shawled, vogue little fella - & he has lots of other disguises, shapes & sizes throughout the year 😄 I've never thought of giving him a chew treat while clipping, he is understandably especially
sensitive about having his bottom tidied up . . . I'm going to try that! Thanks for the tip Heart

It's not as cool this morning, I didn't put the Staffies gown on last night & yet he wasn't in bed with me when I woke; I did pull the sheet up though. Anyhow, none of that matters . . . I'm going to the beach 😄 The puppies have had their flea, tick & worm treatment for the month, I made a special trip to go & get  it. I hit the grocery shop while I was there, thought I'd grab a couple of things like a can a beans . . . a small shopping trolley full later I returned home & packed the food stuff for the trip 😉 I also took the washing off the line, so I have most of the clothes & linen ready to pack. My phone alarm went off this morning to tell me it's time to start packing :), shame it's a little warm, I tend to want to sit & do nothing when it is, but I have a time limit {which I'm not very good at}, I have the weekend to pack & be ready, I leave Monday morning 🙂 Anxiety is really starting to kick-in, the blur is beginning. How dare I try & get out & strive for some pleasant enjoyment - what do I think I'm doing - what right do I have for this? None . . . just as I have no reason not to. Perhaps I need the puppies to use as an excuse, I want to give them something different to think about, so they don't get bored - especially the Staffy. The American Stafforshire Terrier is a very, very energentic breed, with an awful lot of strength & power to get bored with. If I have to tell myself this trip is a way to stop him developing destructive behaviour patterns, then that's what I'll do. I paid in full when I booked, I think that was on purpose; I'd read through the fine print on the camp sites page, you can only get a refund if you cancel 2 weeks before the due date - I booked a week before. I'm intending to pack the roof rack today, I'll still have one case & the crate that I put in the back, for last minute stuff & it'll give me a chance to see how the load up top travels when I go & get fuel tomorrow. Sometimes I hate my brain, camping somewhere new is my favourite thing, I particularly like the packing & yet I feel a sense of dread, I feel pressured - noone is forcing me, that feeling is coming from my own brain. I wonder if people realize how difficult it is to 'get over yourself', it's an involuntary electro-chemical reaction going on in your brain - I wonder if they think you do it deliberately?
Better finish this, perhaps look through some previous camp spot photos, try & change the electro-chemical mix & push it along a more positive path? I know I want to do this, I also know I'm going to go through this.

MazyHeart @Mazarita   @outlander   @Teej   @greenpea   @eth  @Appleblossom @Faith-and-Hope  

Loving these stories @Exoplanet 😊 I think you're super brave to be venturing beyond the internal and external barriers that try to stand in the way of adventures!

You've got this! 🙂🐶🌈

@Exoplanet   I agree 100% with what @CheerBear  just said.  I really miss my adventuring days and admire your get  up and go spirit.  You have every right!!

The roof rack bag is on the rack, it's packed to the hilt & secured like bedrock. I've decided to put one of the cases that I usually put up top, in the back of the car as it's really way to heavy for me to being grunting & groaning to get up there. I put the mattress & topper up top instead, it seems to have worked really well. The mattress is sooooo much lighter to be getting up & down. It has sprinkled with rain, maybe that's why it's noticably warmer, so I hope the bag is as weather proof as it says it is 😉 The weather site is predicting rain every day that I'll be there, but just rain . . not storms - I think walking along a sandy beach in light rain, just might be enjoyable 🙂  I've packed waaaaay too much as I always do & I haven't finished yet, it's usually the last-minute things that I stuff every crack & crevice with 🙂  

I think I'm feeling a little better today, now that the roof rack is packed. I think it was a good idea not to put the heavy case up top, it's usually after doing that that I start questioning what I'm doing; feeling that I'm too old & broken for this type of camping. The rack bag makes packing up top soooo much easier, & logic does say 'I don't have a great spine & my joints are even worse - it makes more sense to put the lighter stuff up there, it still gives me more room in general'. Every time I do this I think of something else I'd like to get, I'd like to get a slightly higher foldable step ladder, the one I've got still requires me to actually climb on top of the roof racks to 'set things in place', my arms just aren't long enough; that's all well & good at home, but when it comes to unpacking & packing back up, in places where there are people - my goodness I feel self-concious! 

I think I'll leave getting fuel until tomorrow, I think I've got the days mixed up a bit, to the point that I missed Star Trek last night - something I look forward to all week! Lucky it's on netflix & it'll still be there tonight 🙂 Today I'll go through my list, fill the water containers, start charging a few things up (overcast weather while I'm there might mean not much charging ability - though it's overcast here too & I'm trying not to use my main camp batteries . . . there's always the generator 😉 ). I might set-up the back of the car, leaving the case & crate accessible for the last-minute stuffings 🙂 I think I'm pretty organized, but I also think I'm forgetting something really important, the more I try to think though, the more muddled my mind gets! 

Love to all that need or want it Heart

MazyHeart @Mazarita  @eth  @CheerBear  @Zoe7  @Shaz51  @greenpea  @outlander  @Teej  @Sophia1  @everyoneIcan'tThinkOf {sorry my brain's getting fuzzled}

Hey @Exoplanet  hope you have a fabulous trip.  Is it a long drive to get there?

What I do is have a list that I keep in one of my bags that I reuse time and again that is very comprehensive.  Maybe that would prevent your feeling that you've missed something.

My body is a bit sore, what do I expect when I'm climbing all over the car & heaving things around. But the main of the packing is done, so today I should be able to recoup a bit. It's about 5 hours drive @eth , coming back will be a little harder as I'll be packing up & then doing the drive {though I never pack up as neatly as I pack to go 😉 } When I look on a map it doesn't look that far, also whenever google maps says 5 I know I should read an hour or 2 more 😉 On a map it's just looks like I'm going straight across to the coast, my goal is to go down Australia a bit, but I'm thinking just getting to the coast will be cooler. Been back up around the 37/38 mark the past couple of days, feels hotter because the humidity's up which isn't the norm around here {& I think it's probably a good thing}. It's going to be a bathing day here today & I'm going to get take-aways when I get fuel this evening {don't want too many dishes to wash before I go}. 

I have permanent lists eth & gear permanently packed, I just need to also make lists as I go - I actually think that's all part of the fun 🙂 This blur I go through, it's the only way I can do anything. I figure if I can't survive on literally a ute load of gear, well . . . I guess I don't! 😄 I think the scariest part is me 'getting over myself' & getting out there, it's like I can't accept that reality, that line has to blur for me to cross it.  I'm already exhausted, I think I'll be quite the mess by the time I get back! The problem is the memory fades so quickly after I return, there is a part of me that thinks ' why do I bother, when it's such hard work?', another part of me answers fairly quickly 'because I want life to be more than just rotting in my backyard'.

Thinking of you MazyHeart  @Mazarita 

Love to all that need or want itHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance