Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Baileyboy
Senior Contributor

Dree-aaming

I have a close friend who knows most of my story. She knows how long my nights are and so she dreams for both of us. Luckily her imagination takes us all over the place and I get to travel through what we call OUR dreams. Closing my eyes is enough of a trigger for me sometimes but nearly everyday we trade our experiences. I tell her if my nights have been particularily bad and she takes me on a journey. Of course I don't share my night time terrors but she just knows when a dream is required.

Nice to be connected in this way. She is going offline for 3 weeks and not sure how to cope. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Dree-aaming

Hi @Baileyboy, at the moment I'm home alone while my companion is away for a week. It's a different situation, but I relate to your feeling that it might be a challenge to be without them for a time. One discussion thread that some of us go to when we can't sleep is Night Shift. It's for general chat, which can be anything from what we ate for lunch to deep sharing of struggles. Either way I'm thinking that three weeks will pass quickly, just as the time without my companion is already going fast for me. Sometimes it's good to have clear headspace away from someone close. Good things can come out of it, I think. Kind wishes.

Lunar
Senior Contributor

Re: Dree-aaming

Hello @Baileyboy, hope you are doing okay today ❤️

That sounds really nice that you have been able to connect in that way with your close friend and they are able to take you on those journeys.

The Night Shift Thread that @Mazarita mentioned is such a great idea, usually there are forum members on there most nights that you can share with so please feel welcomed to do that 🙂

OR you could even start your very own thread called Night Time Journey or something that you like the sound of?

Lunar

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance