Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

Hey everyone 🙂 Love seeing this corner buzzy and busy.

@Gazza75 excited to hear you started your diamond painting. Are you enjoying it?

Also excited to hear you're cross stitching @Maggie. Looking forward to seeing it if you share 🌸

Hi there @Sweet_cheeks 🙂 Your nativity idea sounds very interesting. Crochet is the crafty thing I find myself doing the most. Have you had a go at it? I started crocheting during my first big mental health related hiccup (crisis) and it's been something I've enjoyed learning since. So worth trying if you're interested I think. 

👋 to everyone else too

I'm having a post very tricky day crash day today, sitting in my dressing gown by the heater with my dots. I'm finding it very calming and it's definitely helping me to stay chill(ish).

Hope everyone is OK enough ❤

@CheerBear, yes I am definitely enjoying it and learning a lot as I go along.  I've made quite a few mistakes, but, thats why I started with a fairly small and simple design.  Glad to hear your sitting with your dots.  @Maggie will be happy about that to I think 🙂 Heart

Are you working on canvas again?  I tried to get some supplies from Reject shop, but, they didn't have what I was looking for.  I'll try somewhere else tomorrow.  

Chillish @CheerBear  good your dots are helping your post tricky day. Dressing gown is a very good start. I have my cross stitch in hand and will be doing some very soon. My tricky day is a tiny bit better having talked a few stickies through with a non tricky head.  So ok enough for the time being.

Is it a new canvas you are working on?

@CheerBear  Forgot to mention, I was reading about paint having all the same issues you are having. Opaque sounds like a good way to go. There is more pigment in it. I found a good article but can’t bring it over, techonology and dinosaurs don’t mix. Light affect the colour also.

Happy to 'see' you both @Maggie and @Gazza75.

Glad you're enjoying it @Gazza75. How do you go when you make a mistake? I have to work hard not to completely give up when I slip up! It's a bit hard to totally fix mistakes with paint. At least with crochet I can undo and redo without it being too end-of-the-actual-world 😉 That's annoying that you couldn't get what you needed. Spotlight had/have canvas on sale which is where I picked mine up.

@Maggie how good is it when a non-tricky headed person is helfpul to talk things through with? 😊 Good to hear your day is now a tiny bit better for it, though sorry to hear it wasn't better earlier. Thumbs up for dressing gowns. Thanks for the tip re the paint too. I've started test dotting the colours and letting them dry before using them (doing that right now with a fuschia) but will definitely keep in mind the opaque thing.

It is a new canvas that I'm doing (both Gazza75 and
Maggie). I'm way too grrr-ish to do stones and get too frustrated without a flat surface. My new one is not far off being finished. I'll upload a progress pic in a moment (cuppa making first). It's probably my favourite one I've done so far 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @CheerBear 👋💜

Former-Member
Not applicable

I need help again. So sorry. Where’s a quiet thread @CheerBear 

Hey @Former-Member 😊 I'm making a cuppa. Would you like one too? 😉

Have you been crafting at all? I remember (or think I remember but could be wrong) you either having done some crochet or thinking about doing some a while ago.

Sorry, I missed your post above @Former-Member . What about the thread Just checking in. ?

@CheerBear, I've left the mistakes in so I learn from them.  It's kind of hard to see the up and down side to the 'drills' or 'diamond bits'.  You can unpick the piece with tweezers or a toothpick if you are fussy.  I'm not a perfectionist by any stretch.  I'm pretty relaxed about it, I'm not entering it into a competition or really showing many people what I am up to.  I would like to maybe frame some of the bigger ones when I've completed them.  I think the proper square ones will be more suited to me rather than a 'freeform' one like the bee I'm currently working on.  I will try and post a progress picture this afternoon, but, not sure it will work with my phone.

I've been trying to get some black gesso.  I have some leftover white, but, wanted to try and use black and give dotting a whirl on canvas.  I had a bit of a hard time doing it on rocks as well.  I think my victims were a bit rough around the edges.  I got mine out of a mostly dry creek rather than a river lol 🙂

I can't wait to see your progress pic, think we'll be in for a treat @Maggie  🙂  It looks like you have been doing these for a long time CB! 🙂 Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance