Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

Thanks @Former-Member, that means a lot and is good advice  Both the meds I am on can cause issues  but, my doctor seems oblivious to it. I have done a lot of reading online and. Learning from people here to.

It's very frustrating as I feel normal except for side effects   Whatever normal is these days.  In many ways feel better than before as I realise how lucky I am compared to other people. Trying to stay positive can be a challenge. Feel sad for my brother and his kids. 

awww thanks @Gazza75 Heart

@outlander @Maggie @CheerBear  , started my first Diamond painting last night.  Probably about 1/3 of the way through the bee.  Made a few mistakes with putting the little bead/bits upside down.  Didn't know there was a right and a wrong way to do them.  Finding it a little diffucult to read the canvas and what colours to put down.  It is good fun, kind of challenging, but, relaxing at the same time.  Think it will take a long time to do some of the larger paintings lol 🙂

@Gazza75  Well done you. Yes a bit tricky very small print on the canvas. If you feel up to sharing a pic sometime would love to see it.

I’m doing some cross stitch later today. I have two that need finishing. Some take a longtime to finish with tricky brains.

@Maggie, thanks.  I'll definitely share a picture when I can.  Maybe tonight.  I like cross stitching, the patterns and pictures look so good.  I had a look at some of them yesterday as they were right next to the diamond paintigs in the craft shop, i actually thought they were what I was looking for at first. 

Nice to hear from you Magie and thanks for your support and encouragement 🙂 Heart

Hi Gazza,

I wanted some advice. I want  to make some nativity sets this christmas for a group of kids. I'm prepared to pay about 50 dollars. Maybe I can make them out of recycled things. Do you or anyone else have some good suggestions? I'm glad you started a craft corner by the way. It's enjoyable to be making something. I wish I could crotchet. My mum knitted me some  pink socks once that tied up at the front. I looked like a viking.

Hi @Sweet_cheeks , thanks for your question.  Not sure how much help I can be.  I've done  a quick look on google and found 2 websites that might give you some ideas on how to do a nice scene.  Some of the other people here might be more of a help than Me.  🙂

http://littleworldsbigadventures.com/christmas-craft-diy-recycled-nativity-scene/

https://www.thriftyfun.com/Nativity-Scene-Craft-Ideas.html

I'm sure you might be able to learn to crochet if you had the time and will power.  You could check your local library to see if there are classes and people that come together to do it.  Worst case you could track down some books that might be able to ssist.  Your pink socks sound very cool 🙂

I didn't start the thread, that was @CheerBear , I agree though, its pretty awesome 🙂

Thanks they are good sites

Your welcome @Sweet_cheeks , maybe you can share your work if you feel comfortable in doing so.  Would love to see how you go with it 🙂  They look like fun and I'm sure the kids will enjoy it a lot 🙂

Welcome to the forums @Sweet_cheeks .

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance