Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Craft Corner

Hi @Daisydreamer  

I collected all the shells except the pink and white fan shaped ones. also a cone shaped one in the middle of the letter at the very bottom. I do have some fan shaped ones but they were the wrong size for this letter. Glad you like it.

I hope you enjoy making yours 🐚 as much as I do.

Your shell letter is so beautifully arranged, in every way, @Former-Member . How patient you must be to have collected and then designed and arranged and displayed it all so perfectly. 

I'm somewhat multi-craftual, with my go to crafts being sewing and crochet these days. Beading is still something I want to do more of, but my hands and just everything seem to get in the way of doing it. Currently I'm into mending and or restyling my clothes to fit my changing lifestyle and needs. 

Some of my clothes are becoming threadbare where I lean against a rather sharp edged bench (that I can't do anything about) so I've been patching that area in as creative a manner as I can so the items can last longer. The rest of the fabric is fine, so I go through my bag of scrap fabric and find bits I can work into a picture or design and sew 'em on to cover the worn part. I've done a couple now and found 3 more yesterday that could do with a patch or two as well. 

I've also decided to put pockets on pretty much everything so I have stuff with me instead of having to go from one end of the house to the other to grab things. The roomy pockets have also been handy to keep a clean face covering in for when it's needed. 

@Former-Member  your shell letter is lovely!

@Last-Lament @Judi9877  @Daisydreamer @CheerBear  and everyone

hope all your crafty things are going well

@outlander  thank you for your kind thoughts, I get bits done here and there, as my focus and other things allow. I hope you have some crafty goodness to help you through your tough times too. I've read some stuff you've written and  while I might not have replied, I do wish you, everyone else here, lots of good things. 

Can be hard to find some motivation  or  the time sometimes @Last-Lament 

Im slowly  working  on a blanket  right now

Do you have any projects  your working on?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you so much @Last-Lament and @outlander   I love trying my hand at these shell letters and also I have done 3 shell mobiles for myself and family.  It can be very time consuming going out and looking for shells. I really don't want to buy any as I want to repurpose what I find but you really need a variety also to make it look nice. I have put it on hold for now until I find more. Would love to see your work's too!  

@Last-Lament Have you thought about putting a section of the 'pool noodle' that you can buy for a few dollars from Kmart on your sharp corners, must hurt your side too. 

I too have seen some of your posts @outlander and wish you a happier,  brighter future and more 'me' time for you too.

Hi @outlander @Former-Member @CheerBear @Last-Lament @Daisydreamer and all crafty critters here. Thanks for the tag @outlander ! 

I've been working on some cross stitching- a freehand design that I had a sudden urge to do over the weekend- as well as working on my Wellness Blanket. I'm up to square 17 now. See below for the latest square in purple. To be honest, I am really enjoying my Wellness Blanket as it's personal to me and I'm actually doing something for me instead of the charity that I knit for- I'm still doing that just not as often right now. Feel free to look at the posts of my Wellness Blanket over on the Knitting discussion thread.

The photo is upside down! Sorry!The photo is upside down! Sorry!

Have fun crafty forumites!

Judi9877🧶

I love the knitting updates @Judi9877! 🙂 

I've just started doing some flower pressing and thinking I might frame some for presents for family. It's my first time pressing flowers, do you have any tips forumites? 

At the moment I have a few roses, but also some wattle from my backyard 

@Daisydreamer i have pressed flowers in the microwave before. pinterests will tell you how. the wattle will look lovely pressed and framed. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

The flowers we have in Australia are stunning, what a great way to preserve them.

i have never done this before but sounds good.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance