Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

@Former-Member

Yes I have been watching the AFLW - really wonderful to finally see this competition - and the standard is much higher than I expected - came along about 30 years too late though - loved playing footy when I was younger (and still do now with the kids at school when I'm there!)

Totally agree with everything you said re: the Bombers 'saga' - unacceptable and unprofessional all the way through from both ASAD and the AFL Smiley Frustrated

@Former-Member My apologies for not tagging you in - did read somewhere about your love of sport and I think that is where I got the idea to start this thread - and then left you off - silly me!!!!!!

I have always loved sport but I too don't see much live sport anymore - I just don't handle crowds too well. Went to a 20/20 game this year and dealt with it better than expected but was sitting right at the back, behind most of the crowd and had a quick exit when I needed a break.

Football has always been my favourite sport to play and watch as has tennis. Played many sports myself - basketball and softball mainly for many, many years but I too had to give those away when I injured my neck.

Sydney Swans - so now we have Brisbane, Sydney, Essendon, Collingwood and Port Adelaide covered for this season - need to find representatives for the other teams and this could be a really interesting year - I will predict that we (Lions) will not be on the bottom of the ladder this year - but very close to it again!!!!!

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member    Oh I'm jellybabies you got to see Kathy's win..   that is historic! 

I used to play competition squash, and competitively swim.  I still do laps I try to do at least 2kms a session.

I like the T20, I source the IPL on the internet because it's just huge.  I want to go to India, to a Tibetan Buddhist retreat and when I do I'd like to catch some IPL games while I'm there.  I used to be into the longer versions but with my PTSD I've no longer really got the attention span for it, or didn't. Perhaps now that I am further along with my recovery I might start watching one dayers again.

Wasn't it great to see the Fed win again?  What a fairy tale that Final was, so glad it happened in the Aussie one. Unbelievable he has two sets of twins.  That's 4 doubles teams, 2 mixed and 2 normals, if the boys are identical too that could be a commentators nightmare if the mixed teams played each other.  Ok getting a bit ahead of it.. they might all hate tennis 😛 But it's fun to think about.

And the swans, yes they used to be one of my favs but don't tell anyone... I just don't like Buddy.. I know I know...  sacrilege. But I just don't.  I also feel really bad for Goodesy...  I really liked him as a player and person and I think it was just awful what he copped at the end and so wrong how he basically was pushed out.

Ok I rambled again.. so  I'm shutting up .... byeeee for now 😛  *waves*

OH DEAR @Former-Member @Former-Member

What have I done? I've started a Monster here lol

You two alone are going to keep me distracted LOL LOL

Good work!!!!

Gee...thanks for tagging me into this thread @Zoe7. I am excited - can you tell? Smiley LOL

sleeping turtle sport.png

Former-Member
Not applicable

hahaha  @Phoenix_Rising  ...  well at least it might help you sleep....  if you are having trouble getting to snoozeville just come read these posts.. see.. all sorts of good things can come of the sports thread 😄

@Zoe7  Great stuff on making this...  come footy season this should be quite fun.. and I tried to block out that C... C....  c....  llin....g...  wood thingo...  mention.  😛   

I think you're Lions girls are going to get into the GF can't see them dropping to third from here, who they will play is more up for grabs the ladder is interesting for 2nd and 3rd.

Hahaha @Phoenix_Rising I thought you'd get a kick out of that lol

I know how much you looooooove sport!!!!!!!!

*ROTFL because Zoe knows how much our little turtle lover haaaaates sport*

@Former-Member yes it was very difficult to wrote that name - coll...wood. but my little Cocky friend @utopia does need to be included and she has assured me that our friendship can survive this little 'glitch' lol

@Phoenix_Rising. I'm with you. I'd rather go to the dentist!
I'll only participate @Zoe7 when Collingwood thrashes your Lions.

And I was being sooooo nice to you too @utopia *insert sad face here*!!!!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Don't worry @Zoe7  it'll probably never happen.. (that c..c..c woody thing that is.) so looks like @utopia won't be participating much 😛

Former-Member
Not applicable

@utopiawrote:
@Phoenix_Rising. I'm with you. I'd rather go to the dentist!

I'm just shaking my head!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance