Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

siblings

dont know if i have poosted on this section before

anyway i am posting for some ideas/guidance/relateable stuff

i have siblings in care and i have had a lot of responsiblity over them and i still find that hard to let go of, i cant be there 24/7 for them like i used to be, theres things that happen that i cant be there for or support them through

and my beother he is 17 and has a multitude of issues adhd, anxiety, trauma stuff from when were kids, and i have been able to see him a lot but find it really hard because he needs a lot of help with a lot of things, he will often run away from his accomodation and come over, he can be really angry, threaten me, call me names but i also have found myself teaching him a lot of basic living skills he hasnt picked up, cooking, washing clothes, doing groceries using a list with a certain amount of money

its exhausting

3 REPLIES 3
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: siblings

im btw spendt until i was like 14 looking after the kids

Hello @Former-Member, it is a big job being a carer

there is a thread called "Carer`s hints and tips to sucess " I will tag you there if you like

How are you today

River9
Senior Contributor

Hey @Former-Member 🙂

You have had a lot of responsility over the years in helping raise your siblings. I can imagine it must be really difficult now having them in different care arrangements. I'm sure it would not at all be easy to let go of some of that responsibility. I'm wondering what you've tried to do before to let go? Just so we don't double up on ideas here. 

That's a great suggestion @Shaz51 - that thread could be really useful 🙂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance