Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: sexual assault

@Zoe7yeah i will be keeping you up to date 

...and if you need to talk/vent here then do so @gymgirl240 Heart

will be venting alot on here so thank you everyone who has helpped me and more thanks to @Zoe7 for helping 

vent away @gymgirl240 if that is what you need to do then here listening Heart

@Zoe7will be venting alot when it comes to febuary some time 

Is feb sometime when the detec. is getting back to you @gymgirl240?

@Zoe7yer thats when she is getting back to me

okay - then you will know more what is happening @gymgirl240 

Just to let you know that you can't talk about specifics of what is happening (the case or what the detec. says) but you can talk about how you are dealing with it, your feelings and struggles etc. - just giving you a heads-up as it will most likely be an emotional time and the last thing you will want is for a post to be rejected or you made to change what you write - that can add to the emotions at the time.

I am happy to guide you when the time comes though @gymgirl240 Smiley Very HappyHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Dear @gymgirl240.  I have been following your story and am really pleased that you have found some great support here.  @Zoe7 @outlander @Former-Member have all been particularly helpful to me in the past as well.

I am just dropping by to let you know that if you need some additional support any time, and none of the others are around, please feel free to tag me as well.  I will try to be here for you too. 

I too have been through a violent sexual assault, so I can understand a lot of what you may be going through right now.  For me the assault took place 22 years ago next month, I was in my 30's at the time, and still have difficulties. Perhaps if I had sought help and counselling at the time I could have avoided the development of PTSD. I'm so glad to read that you have appropriate support around you, and that you are receiving counselling, as thats very important.

But sometimes just talking to someone else who has been through a similar experience is also helpful, and I guess thats what this Forum is all about.  So, if needed, I'm here.

Sherry xx

@Former-Member Heart

@gymgirl240 sorry I didn't check in with you yesterday - I was having a 'not so good day' myself Smiley Sad 

How are you travelling today?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance