Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

They didnt get sent through before 530. Ill ring tomorrow about 10 and thrn make an appointment for sunday. I think its still medicare rebated on a weekend so should get money back from the 80.

Doing lots of breath holding cause of pain most of the day esp after ultrasound.

No not that easy for carers. Its been to overwhelming to really think about too. Ive started thr process though. Just waiting on the papers to arrive at the my aged care place.

I spoke with my aunt tonight too about the dental things and shes sid i really should get a second opinion. Ive emailed a few places in sydney along with my area and further south of me to enquire about fees to start with. I dont mind the travelling. Im already doing 2 hrs to see my current surgeon. Even if i dont change surgeon im interested to know if there is options rather then having this stay permanent @Former-Member
Former-Member
Not applicable

Okay, good on you @outlander  😀👍And I agree with your aunt about getting a second opinion on the dental and nerve issues.

With MyAgedCare .. are you referring to a home care package? It can sometimes take many months for packages to get approved. So the sooner you get necessary paperwork in, the better. You will likely want or need, your pops GPs recommendation or support as well. I know the application process is a pain in the butt, but it would be so good to get it happening. Not just for you, but for your Pop too.

I hope your pain settles down soon. Have you taken some OTC pain relief yet? I know its preferable not to be doing so, but relief from, what has now been fairly long term, pain is very important. If you need it .. take it.

Sherry 😀

Theres 2 parts to my aged care and their terms of support. Theres the one with the acat assessment nd levels of home care package but theres lo the other part which is called RAS. All of which is process as usual. His gp is on board so if i need to i can get them to help.

Ive taken pain relief. Ive taken to sitting on the floor since thats usully where i end up with the cramps come on anyway.

Trying to see if i can start sewing my crochet blanket together while im down here. Ive been taking something stronger thn otc stuff. I wasnt sure if i could tske it but gp said i could the PMs pills for pain. They help abit more then otc stuff but since the pain breaks through even this strength and target pain killer that i what has me worried. @Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

Been thinking of you throughout the weekend @outlander . You have been very quiet, so I am a bit concerned about you. Were you seeing the GP today about the results of your ultrasound? I really hope you have had a relatively quiet weekend allowing for a chance to rest and get your pain levels down to a tolerable level.

Sending love and a big hug.

Sherry 😀💖

I went back to the drs this morning and it turns out that i had a rather large ovarian cyst rupture. This would explain the pain and other symptoms and shes given me some stronger targeted pain relief to use. Thankfully implant is still perfectly fine.

@Former-Member  @Maggie @Shaz51 @Sans911 @CheerBear @Owlunar @Appleblossom @eth everyone 👋

Wow @outlander  that’s a bit of an oversight from previous Drs. Not good at all. Definitely explains pain. Look after yourself. 💛💛💙💙

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ahhh very good @outlander  ... although its not good that you have a ruptured ovarian cyst, it does explain the reason for the symptoms you've been experiencing.  At least it should now give peace of mind that all is well with the implant.  Lets hope everything finally settles down now.  Thanks for letting us know.  I was worrying.  

Sherry 😊💕

Owwy @outlander. That's horrible. Like I said I'm so glad you saw another Dr. I hope this pain relief helps and things start to settle down for you. 💜 ❤️ 💙

Thanks @Former-Member @Maggie @Sans911 💕💕

I actually quite like the dr i seen. If i cant get into my regular gp i think ill see her instead of medical centre. This centre is bulkbilling for those on a pension except weekends but its only a 20 gap fee from Medicare for those not on a pension or on a weekend so not a huge amount.
She actually explains things properly and not just shoves you out the door (but trys to keep within 15 min otherwise the fee starts to go up)

ouch wow my @outlander 

hope you start feeling better soon xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance