Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

It's not something he ate @Zoe7. He's bringing up matter from his small intestines (:pile_of_poo:). He's done it a few times recently. He's eating OK still, so that's good. But he's quiet today, and then meowed loudly tonight like he was in pain. He's had these digestive issues for a long time, and I never wanted to subject him to any testing. But I might have to.

I've been following Cat's progress too. Hoping she puts the weight back on. Jasper's on a very expensive biscuit food for his gut, but I'm not sure how effective it is.

Hugs and hugs 💜 mh is abit of a cow.
I'm sorry Jasper hasn't been very well. Hopefully you can take him to the vets soon.
It's good hes finally using his new bed you brought him though @Sans911

It does sound like a trip to the vet is needed then @Sans911 Poor little fella being in pain is not good. It is horrible seeing our babies not well - hope it can be an easy fix for you both. 

The test results today were good news with Cat - I was really concerned about her especially when the vet told me how much weight she has lost. It is hard to tell because she is fluffier than a normal short hair. Anytime I pick her up she feels light compared to Toby so it is hard to judge her weight. I gave her more biscuits tonight and will get some different food for her tomorrow. Then it is a matter of waiting a couple of weeks to weigh her again and see if she has put any weight on - otherwise ...more tests. I am hopeful that she will be okay though - she certainly seems okay within herself and is back to asking for food at her meal times.

I was wondering if anyone is around atm?

Hey @outlander ❤ How are you going?

Not really that great @CheerBear
Mostly frustrated and upset over my current situation,The expectations and realising even more just how little help I have

You definitely have a lot you deal with @outlander 🙁 Did something happen today/tonight?

I keep being expected to do everything and be everywhere all the time @CheerBear there's only one of me 😞 I can't help but feel like I'm letting everyone down having to say no or shuffle things around to make things work.
I made a big group chat with all of my local family members asking if anyone could help for few days while in away having the op and literally one person said they could which is great however I'm also aware of how limited she is having work and a young child herself. Respite through some places is expensive And although I'm waiting on a response from another service I'm not holding my breath. And I'm also thinking he wouldn't cope being in that sort of setting which again makes it even harder.
Same with the horses. I have a horse who is a total a*se to say the least and no one wants to deal with her. I'm hoping with it being spring the grass will be a lot better and they would be ok for the 3 days and I can just get people to fill and feed my 2 ponies that are in a yard of there own.

It's so disappointing when you ask for help and it's not there @outlander 🙁 So much hearing you with how hard it can be to try and be everywhere and for everyone. It's not possible and it's exhausting and can leave you burnt out and feeling not enough. It sucks.

Wish there was more I could say or do than "hearing you".

Thanks for hearing me @CheerBear
It really does suck 😔😔
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance