Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Hey @Sans911. How did you go with everything today 💗

a very good evening, a warm one too, to you @Sans911

evening @Sans911 and everyone
How did you go today?

Hi lil Sis @outlander

Today was okish. The appt with the dsp psychologist was very nerve racking - my support worker was a few minutes late which didn't help. She said later that she hadn't seen me as anxious as I was today. It only went for half hour; shorter than I expected. He pretty much asked about my support network, and how I was coping day to day.

I won't find out for a month if I'm accepted or not for the dsp, so it's a matter of more waiting. He was very closed off so I've really no idea what his conclusion might be.

My visit with my pdoc was short. She's very pleased about my move, and she's decreased one of my evening meds by half to see if that improves the fatigue. She's not keen to touch the other meds as she feels we've just got on top of the balance, and things are going OK for now.

My support worker took me to a park after the psychologist appt, and I took my shoes off to ground myself. We also blew some bubbles as well. That was fun to finish a stressful time.

@Zoe7 @Snowie @Sam3 @Shaz51 @CheerBear

So proud of you for getting through today @Sans911 now the waiting game huh- that kinda sucks!

Your support worker sounds nice though going to the park with you and bubbles sound like a great way to end the day.

How are you feeling tonight after such a nerve wracking day?

I'm very tired lil Sis as I didn't have a great night's sleep last night.

I'm just packing some of my kitchen as I'm getting behind. Needing to push myself as I really don't want to.

I'm otherwise OK. Earlier I wanted to sh by wiping out the rest of the day and night, but I know I'll wake up feeling like shit tomorrow. Hence too the distraction from doing packing, and I did some gardening today.

How are you? I saw earlier your pop was giving you a really hard time. Has he eased up now? You've been busy yourself with the clearing up too @outlander.

Packing sounds like a good distraction sis. Ill be up for a while again if you need to talk or if your urges pop up again. @Sans911
Some gardening sounds nice too. Was that at your new house or the one your in for the moment?

Yeah hes eased for now. Ive pretty much just stayed away where ive been able to plus wasnt thinking this afternoon and made things worse for both me and him so just hanging tight for now. Had sh urges earlier too but was busy dealing with the cleanup so put my mind onto that. Doesnt even looked like i cleaned up but i cant do much about that. I need help with it but its been to hot and everyones been to busy... again.

Whats your day looking like tomorrow? @Sans911

There's no garden at my new place @outlander; not yet anyway. Just doing some weeding, raking and sweeping here at the place I'm currently at.

I've got nothing during the day except to take some things over to new place. More packing. And it's games night for my group tommorow. I look forward to that. Hopefully no one will steal my food tomorrow night!

What are doing tommorow? More of the same clean up?

A games night sounds great @Sans911

I think ill need to do the horses in the arvo and im waiting for both the scrap metal people and someone else to pick up one of my for sale items in the morning. I think i need to try and stay off my foot a little tomorrow as its very achy tonight so just icing it again for abit before bed. Other than that no real plans for the day. Suppose to be another 34 degree day.

We're working up to the 30s tomorrow. I can't see myself packing on Sunday when it's 40. I nearly finished a box tonight of kitchen ware; I'll complete tommorow. I don't know if I can lift myself though, so might have to stay until moving day.

Is your foot pain easing at all? Is the moon boot helping at all?

Mr A is on the bed with me. I don't know where Jasper is. I've been leaving Mr A on his lead outside when I'm away from the house. He's managing OK. I didn't do it before as I was concerned he might get stuck, panic and hurt himself. But I try to leave him in a safe area. I'm trying to keep him happy as he's a little unsettled with the packing.

PS-Jasper has just joined me on the bed and is sitting on his blanket
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance