Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: rough time

Yes @outlander they have sent NZ fireys up here too. And also quite a few crews from VIC. Its pretty fantastic really isnt it? Often its a global effort. Our RFS do such a great job. I was involved in the massive Canberra bushfires, back in .. I think 2004 or 2005? We lived on a farm over an hour from ACT at the time. Hubby was captain of our local district brigade. So he was off for days on end fighting those fires. I was only involved in the support crew .. fundraising, catering, etc. 

Regarding your mouth/face nreve issues .. I guess its starting to look like surgery to fix. Not ideal, but worth it, if it fixes the problem.

The pain from your other procedure ... well I guess they were right when they told you it would take a month or two. Sounds like the degree of pain is subsiding somewhat? And maybe the frequency of high pain is reducing too. Hope thats the case anyway.

You must be so bored with the limited food you are able to eat.  Has to be some positives in there somewhere? Where you trying to lose weight? 

Okay .. very tired. Nice chatting, but starting to nod off here. Good night.

Hi also to @Sans911 💜

Sherry 💕

Thank you for your post @Former-Member ❤
The RFS do a great job indeed as do all the behind the scene people such as yourself with catering and fundraising. Both very crucial parts too, your efforts are very worthy of mention xo

Yeh the other procedure side effects are mostly just on and off like theyd said thankfully.

Ive lost quite abit thankfully even though probably not the best way to have lost weight. Ive gone back off eating again. No appetitie and to sore to really want to eat anyway. Might be fixed one day..

Hope you managed to get some sleep last night too.

How are you going? @Former-Member hows the fire situation now?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @outlander  ... the fire situation here has eased further.  And the smoke has finally dispersed from what it was.  It was just dreadful yesterday, like sucking something thick into your lungs all day long.  Visibility severely hampered when driving. Local fires reduced now to 'advice' level, but all still remain out of control, so this could change any time.  Especially as the wind is picking up again as I speak.  Saw my GP yesterday ... a productive (long) session, and came away with a couple of referrals plus some GP Care Plan chronic condition referrals which I can use towards my psych sessions for the remainder of this year.  Its not as good as the 10 MHCP sessions, as it only gives a subsidy of around $55.  But thats better than nothing.  I used all my MHCP sessions back in September.  Still feeling very stressed and anxious though, not just due to the recent fire situation, but many other things happening too.  But I will be okay.  Thanks for asking.  How about you?

Sherry 😊🔥🌼

im glad the fire situation has eased and the smoke is clearing @Former-Member I really hope they are put out soon.

im glad the gp appointment was productive and helpful too. im glad that youll have the subsidy. those 10 sessions really don't seem enough sometimes!

do you want to talk about your other reasons for feeling stressed and anxious? happy to listen.

Im not really up for talking about me tonight. just abit meh tonight, its been quite a tiring day at my other work and then having to face the shops to pick up parcels. Christmas busy time is already happening here. 😬😬
I get a few hrs off tomorrow and then im hoping my mother will bring the kids down to ride their horses now that ive had their feet and teeth done. gets abit frustrating sometimes that the kids really want to ride but mum doesnt feel like it. I cop the brunt of the frustrations off the kids which I understand but I cant do everything unfortunately.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @outlander ... but no, I dont really want to go into the specifics of other issues. 😢  I do appreciate your offer to talk last night though, especially when I know how much you are going through too.  Good to hear you will have few hours off today.  Grrr ... re copping the brunt of your sibs frustrations about not going riding more often.  No, its true there is little you can do about that one.  I may be wrong to state the obvious here ... but honestly your Mum needs to take more responsibility for her own kids!  Oh dear ... Christmas!  Seems way too soon to be thinking about Christmas just yet.  In fact I really dont know what we will do this year.  Would like to get down to visit my Dad and my Brother, but I really hate being on the road at Christmas time.  Bad enough normal times of the year.  Dont know ... maybe if hubby's health improves a bit, we might try to get down a week or two before christmas.  Hubby has some friends near there that he would like to try to catch up with soon.  So thats a good incentive to get him to come with me.  He is not keen on spending time with my family ... nothing is good enough for him there, eg house, family ... everything really. I dunno, wait and see what happens I guess with my Dads health.  He remains really unwell with an infection still making him seriously sick and wonky.  If they are unable to halt the infection in his big toe, its looking likely he will need an amputation to prevent further spread.  Which is not great, especially since his mobility is already seriously bad. He has been on strong antibiotics now for 2 weeks, and added an extra one this week, but still not clearing.  Looks like its AB resistant. He will be going into respite for a week from tomorrow, where they can keep a close eye on him.  My brother usually goes into town 3 times a week to get him to appointments, do his grocery shopping, collect meds, etc ... but he has been shearing on his farm last week and this week, so has limited time to get into town.  My brother already has so much on his plate, it just isnt fair. My sister on the other hand ... well, she's my sister and will never change.  Terribly unreliable, thoughtless and selfish.  Nothing comes ahead of her many social commitments ... not even her own dad.  Sad really.

Okay sweetie, I hope today is a better day for you.  Thanks for giving me the chance to have a little vent.  😊

Sherry 💕

Morning @Former-Member Heart

I don't really blame sibs for being frustrated. before mums current partner came along they use to ride quite often now they barely do. I generally take them down to feed 2 or 3 times a week though and then I feed the rest while im doing my work there. its hard for me too, horses sometimes feel like they are slipping away even though they were a huge part of our life, everything use to revolve around them, riding, caring for them, meeting friends from joining clubs, gaining confidence, now im lucky to even drag mum there once a month. its hard to see them wanting to ride and the answer often no or some other excuse. no wonder kids loose interest in the things they like. I wanted my sisters to get the same enjoyment and confidence I once had with the horses.

Christmas is coming so quick. its often a tough time of the yr for me especially financially so ive started gift shopping already. barely started but a few is better then none I suppose.

I hope hubby is well enough and youll get to see your dad and brother. I know you don't get to see them very often. hopefully the incentive to see his friends will be enough to not complain to much.

I suppose theres always that one particularly selfish person in each family. I know theres 2 or 3 in mine. nothing can come between them and their holidays etc.

I read your also going to a bbq today too. I hope the time there is good and hubby wont get to carried away.

Would anyone be around atm?

Yeah, I'm here lil Sis @outlander 💜 💜 What's happening for you?

@Sans911 💜💜

im abit scared and nervous about tomorrows appointment with the surgeon.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance