Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

@Appleblossom
You ok? silly question im sure but your always welcome to talk here

hi @Former-Member Heart
whatve you been up to today?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Medical apt in town for hubby this morning @outlander . Grocery shopping, paying bills, ordinary stuff.

hugs @outlander HeartHeart

@Former-Member, @Appleblossom , @Faith-and-Hope , @Sans911 Heart

would anyone be around atm? I need to get a different perspective on something

Hi @Zoe7

I was at my second pdoc appointment today which I thought might've been better but it really wasn't.
Im starting to think that its because I just don't seem to be connecting with anyone esp in the mh field. Even with the psychologist ive had for over a year now I still feel like I cant talk to her.
This new pdoc laughs when I try to explain things and says im stubborn and not helping myself by not attending the psych sessions but hes not giving me much of a chance to actually explain why ive stopped going (besides being out of sessions now)
I don't really know what to do, ive tried talking to the psychologist about it as well and she doesn't know either, she says its up to me if I want to continue to see her or not when the next sessions are available. Even though its been a year with her I just cant seem to talk about anything. I started trauma work but im not really up for it atm but I struggle to talk about anything else. I don't know why though

maybe the pdoc is right in saying that its my fault that im not getting any better and its causing me to be treatment resistant so the best answer is to keep increasing/adding in medications to make me better

@outlander  Hope I’m not intruding. Trauma work is difficult, and I think, needs to be done in your time, when you are ready. Finding a good fit is very very difficult and takes a lot of time.

I stumbled across my counsellor and it took time to get to know her before I could talk trauma.

Sorry, just received a phone call and have to run. Hope to talk later if you like.

It seems to me like you are not connecting with anyone but this is a long running issue for you @outlander Unfortunately you do not have many choices left with who you see and sometimes that means making the best out of the situation. This is not the first person who has said you are stubborn but maybe it is more a case of inadequate connections than it is stubborness. In saying that though you only get out of therapy what you put in - so maybe it is worth aasking yourself exactly what you want to get out of it rather than what they can offer. You can then build the treatment around that in consultation with your pdoc and psych. If it is not the right time for trauma work then so be it - that is something that needs to come when the time is right - and sometimes it is best to leave things in the past and work on the here and now also - different approaches for different people. I can only go off what I have seen and read from you here as I do not have the other perspectives - but it has been a long running issue that you are resistant to outside help. Some of that is trust issues, some is the lifetime learning of being mostly on your own to deal with everything, and some of that is not knowing how to or accepting help. All of that has influenced your view of any help at all and in my opinion is holding you back from finding a way forward in a way that will give you any quality of life that is truly your own and not consumed by others. So in that regard your pdoc may have some validity in what they are saying but it is also up to them to help you work through what that actually looks like and how to move forward in a meaningful way.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance