Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

resting ,learning, moving forward

I think sometimes Ive met some interesting people online even though yes when it comes to dating things havnt worked out with different ones for different reasons but at the same time I realsise that Im learning always learning,Im able to talk more openly with a female cousin and shes helped me understand that Im not doing things wrong,makes me feel less alone,also Ive been way to hard on myself particulary with navigating getting to know people,as well as the last 2 days Ive allowed myself to rest alot more,Ive become aware of some things I can talk to my phone counciller ,Ive got family in my corner,Im just taking care of me and moving on to meeting other new people,its been interesting,the things Im learning about myself and other people,Im trying to focus on my self care,last night I had the best sleep in a while,Im trying to eat more frequently too and definetly find ways to just self regulate my emotions a bit,find other things to do outside of online dating so that Im not complety only engulfed in that,I think yesterday was a rest day for me and today will be a rest day too, theres a few things to do but taking care of myself at the same time,listen to music,watch a favourite netflix series,go for a drive get out and do shopping and just talk to people,eat a bit more regulary,and rest,but also get some excercise so walking around down town at the shops is good,I might even start reading books again or maybe declutter the house more and possibly get some nice flowers for the front garden,I geuss Im trying to think of small positive things I can do to keep doing self care that doesnt mean that Ill do everything at once,but thses are at least some ideas,maybe journal writting,adult colouring books,book something low cost fun to get out of the house and do something different.I geuss just go at a slower pace at the moment and do things outside of dating to keep myself calm and rested but also busy enough. have a good day everyone and if you need a few days of self care or something to help yourself feel good then definetly do self care that helps you feel better about yourselfHeartHeartHeart

2 REPLIES 2

Re: resting ,learning, moving forward

Sounds like you have a good approach @LostAngel 

Being out and social gives me lots of practise, and stops me getting too depressed.  I can get upset about why I dont have lots of friends, but I choose not to, as a waste of time,  often the popularity contests have an ugly side.  So when my check out chics chat to me, I know they are genuine, and I dont expect much, but over time, it has lightened me a lot. Some of them I have known over 10 years.

Re: resting ,learning, moving forward

Self care is important- you seem awesome at taking care of yourself! Keep up the good work!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance