Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: @Re: not feeling good

❤️ @BlueBay ....

Sorry to hear about your MIL @BlueBay Smiley SadHeart

Image result for sympathy flowers message

@BlueBay  💜💜💜💜

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7  it means a lot to receive your support and love. I know you're both struggling. Hugs ❤️❤️
thanks  @Gazza75 @Maggie @MDT 

I'm totally down mood low and motivation to do anything is gone. 
I'm doing the best I can. My older son is here tiday with us. Having dinner together tonight. You know I'm so lucky to have great kids. I really am. 
pls know that you guys are keeping me strong. Your support love hugs are so much appreciated right now. Xxxxxx

DA98C48F-F7AD-4100-B4C0-F21B5A42A54D.jpeg

@BlueBay  ..... 💗💕

Hi @BlueBay 

This is a tough time for you - I know - and it's mind-bending

How do you get through it? It won't go away - it's one of those times when we constantly remind ourselves to breathe - and that's really all we must do - other things need to be attended to - one thing at a time

So go easy on yourself

About your mother - you don't need all the atm - I guess she is just trying to let you know she's there but - mm - yeah - asking you to sort our her flowers is inappropriat - let it go if you can - 

There's nothing to be scared of but I know you are - it's okay

It's Wednesday - your head's in a spin - I get that - one thing at a time

DecHeart

Hi @Owlunar 

I think I'm scared because I'm in that little girl mode and scared of my brother. But reality is I'll be there with hubby and my kids. They'll be there for me. As for my mum - well no I'm not doing the flowers for her. She can get the others to do it. 
I think thst there's three scenarios - she will come with my younger sister M and not my dad. Or they both don't come or they both come. 
and my younger sister M didn't have the nerve to call me. No she text me. This is the time to make peace. But to send a text is not right I believe. 
anyway it's done and I replied nicely to her. We'll see if she comes. 
you know I'm so over my family. Whoever comes comes. 
i feel like my head is all over the place. I'm working tomorrow just to get out of the house. Hubby is hime all week. He will go to nursing home to take all clothes out. and also clear out her things in our garage. It's tough but needs to be done. No point in keeping everything. 

Hi again  @BlueBay 

It's okay to feel stress and being in "little girl mode" - 

But you're right - you have your husband and kids with you and your mother will be there or not depending on her and I really understand that puzzle - she is a strange person - and so was my mother so I get what you are saying

Texting does seem impersonal at such a time - maybe it's the best your sister can do but it does feel sort of weird - families can be troublesome - we know this - so many of us in the forum know this

Clearing out can be difficult - it does give your husband something to do right now - it's no good keeping everything - you're right - there may be some things that could be important for your husband - for you too - your MIL lived with you for a long time

Try some self-care during this time - it's okay to cry - yes - it's grief and natural - and relief too - you've been waiting for this time to come for weeks and that was hard

Just take it easy whenever you can

Thinking of youHeart

Dec

love and hugs my sister  @BlueBay HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance