Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

anxiety but trying to get things done

good afternoon everyone Im good except for being anxcious while trying to sort stuff out ,had a bit much coffee,trying to get my Lawns mowed but wasnt speaking so calmly on the phone to the mower guy basically left the decisons upto him I seem to be doing that lately stepping back from making decisions and leaving it upto others to make those deciosons instead with the everyday things/errands in a way stepping back from being a leader and instead asking others to take the lead hmm maybe its cause Ive been withdrawn lately,it seems to always be a matter of communication issues with people like I think Im getting my messages accross to people but there actually the ones left to fill in the blanks when I m kind of not being clear,or leaving things up in the air so to speak,its like Ive got some motivation back but its hard to allow others to undersatnd exactly where Im coming from when speaking to them ,could be overthinking anyway at least Im still trying,havnt given up ,still getting there as best I can,maybe Im just wanting or needing a break from being a quote leader type person and instead would rather be a follower for some reason,maybe making decisions just feels difficult for the time being 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: anxiety but trying to get things done

Hi - nothing wrong with coffee, but can I suggest you don't over analyse your thoughts? It was a long post you left which suggests to me that you are not sure about how to zero in on what is troubling you.

Hi @Andrew_Jackson,

Welcome to the SANE Forums, it looks like this might be your first post 🙂 

The forums are a safe and supportive space to seek help, and offer support to others based on our own lived experiences. While you are finding your way around, we would encourage you to take a look at our community guidelines

In this space, have different reasons for posting. For some, it might be support around a specific topic, others it might be connection or just to express ourselves. I'm hearing that you might be looking to offer support to others, which is really admirable! We value peer support here 🙂 

I'm wondering if in this instance if there is something from your experience that you might be able to share, for example you mentioned focussing on one thing at a time, is that a strategy you use to cope with stressful times? Do you find breaking it down into smaller experiences helpful for you? We are all here to learn from each other 🙂

Some member's might be looking for a space to express thoughts or feelings, which can be why some posts in our community are longer or cover lots of different topics 🙂 Hope this helps when you are navigating the forums topics and discussions! 

Hi @LostAngel,

Stepping back and letting others step up to make decisions can be really hard, and it sounds like this is something you are practising doing more of 🙂 I know when I am feeling anxious, stepping back can be a bit harder to do. 

Do you find communication is harder when you are feeling anxious? This is something I feel too, often thinking and re-thinking my conversations over to see whether I was clear. 

It sounds like you are doing the best you can, and that is all anyone can ask Heart

Hi @Andrew_Jackson

It sounds like you've been through quite a lot, but that breaking it down to focus on one thing at a time has been incredibly helpful for you. I'm also sensing a strong sense of self awareness in being aware of what your needs are. These are both wonderful things! 

I would however like to encourage you to reach out for extra support if concerns arise around your safety as a result of what you have been experiencing. There's Lifeline (13 11 14) 1800Respect, Relationships Australia (1300 364 277) or SANE also has the Helpcentre and 1:1 Peer Support services if you'd just like to speak with someone non-urgently. We're also going to send an email to check in. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance