Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Who experiences dissociation?

I thought I wrote her but it's gone. Sorry if it was too bad, I didn't know

I wrote to my therapist but couldn't send it so posting here because part of me wants it read and another doesn't.

Today was meant to be a day to talk. no commitments. The day to talk about ‘Sarah’ or whatever hard stuff. Such a fuck up! Really, what is the point. One time you say ‘it’s ok to sit in silence’ the you say it isn’t helpful to say nothing. Duh! But see it’s the crack of frustration. I know because I feel it too, except 1000000 x. That happens. Frustration, empathy, frustration, empathy, frustration, then I’m fired. Not again. I know the common denominator. Even my plants don’t want to be around. They sense the badness and shrivel up. ‘I’m out of here!’. Don’t blame em. Imagine being so bad your household plants are suicidal. Then I’m meant to come and spill badness there when I don’t want you to go. I don’t want you to shrivel. But you’ll go anyway because I don’t speak. Because badness oozes through the quiet. But who even knows what that badness is. Maybe you won’t shrivel but I will. I’m already drying up. That’s not a good starting point. It’s irrelevant anyway because even when it’s the day to talk my body won’t allow it. It’s wasting time. It’s wasting your time, your frustration. That has a ripple.

Someone else misses out. Someone who would speak. Someone not so bad and dumb and ugly. Someone who isn’t me. But you won’t see this because that would make me shrivel. Desperate and needy. I can’t need. 

Hey @destructive, thank you for sharing Heart It sounds like these are really powerful and strong words that you wanted to share with your therapist, but also a reflection of how you are feeling about yourself.

It takes an enormous amount of courage and resilience to be so open about ourselves, but often how we see ourselves and how others may see us can be very different. Maybe you can try asking some friends or tagging some other forum members and asking how they would see or describe you?

Sometimes when our view of ourselves is gently challenged by others, we start to see beyond the negative ways we see ourselves, and start to hear about the good we have to share with others.

Take care Heart 🌻

Thanks @Former-Member @I'm not sure I have peopl o here who know me well and in real life people don't know about my struggles. 
part of me wants to email the therapist, not that exactly, too needy sounding, but something. I just feel like I email too much already

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance