Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Sorry to hear Mr Shaz continues to have back pain @Shaz51 .  Difficult when he does physical work which no doubt aggravates the issue.  My hubby wants to lose weight too, but unfortunately its incredibly hard with some of the MH medications he is on.  As you say, many of the meds make it almost impossible to lose weight.  

How are you anyway @Shaz51 ?

Emelia 🌺

very tired my sister @Emelia8 Heart

how are you today xxxx

my mum goes from ok to totally wiped out 

today we only had 1 job so we went and visited MIL and dropped in to see my mum 

got my hair done this afternoon xxxx

Feeling the frustration re weight @Shaz51  @Emelia8 

I need to loose a lot of weight but stuck where I am.

Have lost a small amount over this year by removing an area of stress early in the year. See what happens next year when things are back to normal. Stress always triggers weight gain for me 🤕

Ooooh Dear it really sounds like me too. Shazzy. Re weight, meds and back pain and exercise.  A while ago psychologist said I did not stack on the weight that others had with the meds I am on, but couls still lose a heap.  I keep active, garden, physio and walks, but still.  On the treat side.  I have allowed myself more treats on the last 2 years than the whole previous 50!  So cant complain too much.  My thing with pain is that I notice it more when I am still, so moving and getting involved takes my mind off it, but then I am exhausted and aching all over at end of the day. Like Now!  The other side is that I was up nights a lot and the active days helps me keep regularity to my day-night cycle.  I have reduced meds, so trying for more natural hormones to kick in.  2 nights ago i had nightmare, Last night I barely got any sleep.  Today I did teach for an hour and I love that. Its the being involved and practical and capable and right kind of social. I also have told the zoo that I might not be up to returning even though they are just letting vollies back.  I am thinking I have to simplify things and rethink re COvid and empty nest and what is the best focus for life right now.

Anyway thats me in a nutshell atm.  Going to have a bath and an early night.

@Shaz51 @Emelia8 @Former-Member @Determined @Sophie1 

Its a case ... of me peg leg is under the bed ... and me false teeth and false eye are on the bedside table ... lol

Take Care

Apple

yes @Appleblossom , we are cutting back on our workload more , finding it harder to do too 

@Former-Member, @Sophie1@Emelia8@Determined 

Hope things go ok today @Shaz51 

One step at a time here  @Former-Member 

How are you and Mr Darcy xxxx

We had 3 days off and worked  today 

Have 3 insurance  people coming  tomorrow  to have a look 

Mum is very Tired and has a sore throat 

Think I will be in bed soon -- sleeping  on mattresses on the floor 

@Appleblossom , @Determined , @Emelia8 , @Sophie1 , @Owlunar 

Sending some love and a big hug to you @Shaz51 💕😃

Yikes @Shaz51 getting up off a floor mattress = 😵😵😵, hope you are able to get a bed soon.

@Shaz51  thinking of you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance