Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

today I am deciding to go the way we are no with mr shaz and my elderly mum and my physical problems without any centrelink support, @Former-Member , @greenpea , @outlander@Maggie 

Good morning @Shaz51   If you are officially your Mum's carer you should be able to do the application with the Dr yourself.  I'd encourage you to at least go for the carers allowance if not a full pension.  I was getting the allowance for many years and it's not a lot but it does make a difference.  You can also get help with applying from your state's carers organisation  https://carersqld.com.au/ (I've got a feeling you're in Qld) I used them both in NSW and NT and they are a fabulous support resource.   They have all sorts of other functions too, like organising respite, no interest loans, paying for some things outright ....  really worth exploring.

Hope today is a good one for you and you get some me time somewhere along the way xx

@Shaz51  Dropping off a coffee/tea. 💜💕

2BFEA5F6-E4ED-43B0-BBD6-A07416C98778.jpeg

thank you @eth  xxx , mum still has to see her doctor and she tells them a different story of how she can look after herself

I will try again @outlander , @Maggie , @Former-Member , @greenpea 

@Shaz51 apologies for late reply. that sounds like a real challenge for u. as a person that suffers from anxiety, I can tell u, facing the results of anything out of the norm. puts my mental state in to a real loop. anything but sitting still I need to do. I usually just refocus that urge by exercising. going for a run with my dogs most of the time. I don't know what level your husband has, everyone is different, but that works for me. 

thank you for your message @octavia , hope you ar ok tonight xoxo

@Shaz51 what were the results? how are u coping?

hello @octavia Heart

all the biopies results have come back with 2 of them are cancerous and will need to be cut out in 2 weeks time

one of the biopsy is infected so Mr shaz is on AB`S

@Shaz51 how has he taken the news? and u?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance