Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Eggshells @CheerBear. Awful feeling. Good on you for facing it head on.👍👍 Not one bit easy to do.

Big financial stuff does bring on the wobbles and worries. I hope sib finds a way through. You have done a huge thing opening your home and family like you have. Definitely better knowing the problem isn’t you or the crew. 

The lease thing must be tricky. I hope it goes well enough. A roof is so important. 

Is it a new job for Mr person, or one he has had all along. Time together is good. Once he’s back working, so much will change.

It must be close to lunch run for you.

I hope gig goes ok if you do manage to get there. 🤞🤞🤞💜💜💜💜💜

Calling by with a hi. I'm all sniffly and blegh and feeling really quite average this afternoon. I made it to my gig and had a very challenging shift. It would have been challenging without being sick and I think it has flattened me a bit after putting in energy to get there then have it be the way it was. It was good learning experiences though.

@Maggie Mr person starts a new job. It was another thing that went when he left. Things will change with us because we won't be able to spend as much time together but I think feelings might stay (I hope anyway).

How was your day? How was counsellor?

@Former-Member just wanted to say a thanks for being around and being present as much as you are. I notice and appreciate you. Hope today has had some good in it for you.

I could easily curl up as a snotty ball of grossness and sleep the rest of the day and night away 🤒 I've maxed out on medicine that could help and hit a wall now. I'll be dragging myself through dinner, washing, kids bed etc. Blegh 😴

Hope the rest of the day/evening goes well for all. Not sure you'll get these notifications but wanted to say hi anyway 👋

@CheerBear  Sorry today has been tough. It probably still is with dinner looming, and then some. You sound like you need to rest.

How does tomorrow look? Could it be a pj day.??

Big changes ahead for he person. I hope feeling grow stronger and stronger. You are both off to a good start.

Counsellor has just left. It was so good to talk about all the :pile_of_poo::pile_of_poo::pile_of_poo: going on in my head. She brought some fruit and veg from her garden. All organic. Amazing flavours. 👍👍👍

I hope you find some time to curl up in a ball of snotty grossness. It sounds awful.

Sending lots of ❣️❣️❣️❣️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ahh you poor thing @CheerBear  ... bringing along some chicken soup to help you feel better.  But despite feeling so crook, you managed to do your gig.  You did really well.  I hope Mr Person enjoys his new job, and that things dont change too much between the pair of you.  Bit of an adjustment I guess, but yes I'm sure the feelings will stay.  

Thank you for your kind words CheerBear .. sweet of you to say that.  I try, but know I dont always get things right. I got your notification btw ... notifications started again about 3.30pm.  But all the ones which didnt come through when they were out, have still not come through. Probably wont now either.  Hoping I didnt miss any.  I did go browsing earlier and found quite a few.

Hope your day has been uneventful @Maggie 

I have had a fairly quite day.  Hubby had a lunch in town with 6 of his mates, at a Chinese restaurant.  I dropped him into town and midday and someone else brought him home.  It gave me a couple of quiet hours at home.  I spent most of that time lying on my bed giving my crook back/leg a break. And dosed up on anti-inflamatories.  Still hurts!  Holly has been very attentive and snuggling up to me.

Finally got our malfunctioning air con fixed today. Took 4 visits from a refridgeration mechanic.  But finally working without dripping everywhere.  Still trying to sort out our landline phone.  Was just on the phone for another half hour to Telstra.  They will call me back tomorrow .. hopefully with a solution.

It is my brother in laws 64th birthday today. He is the one in Perth who had the fall and went into hospital last September.  You may recall that hubby and I had a week over there in October to visit him and also hubbys Dad who is in a nursing home.  My BIL still remains in hospital, and no talk of releasing him in the short term.  He has BiPolar as well, but that seems to be fairly well controlled since his long hospitalisation.  Mobility continues to be a big concern, and they are saying that he wont be released unless its into a nursing home.  So none of that is looking too promising.  @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 

Okay I have been sitting at my PC long enough and I cannot sit any longer.  Need to get up and try to organise something for dinner.  At least hubby wont be hungry after his Chinese banquet.  But he will still want to eat, even if I dont.

Sherry 💕

Ooops ... @CheerBear  .. nearly forgot the chicken soup.  Never too hot for a good soup I say.

Image result for chicken soup for a cold

Image result for feel better soon

@Former-Member  I’m pleased you managed a bit of rest with hubby out and about for a while. You do sound sore. ❤️❤️

You dont have much luck up your way with fix it people. NBN took weeks and weeks, the phone is still playing up, and the air con person has been 4 times so far. I guess that’s country life for you. Inconvenient in many ways.

Sorry bil is still in hospital. But it sounds like he’s in the best place atm. There always seems to be so much going on in your life @Former-Member . No wonder you are so weary.

Enjoy dinner. Feet up for the evening hopefully 🤞🤞🤞🤞. Sending some ❣️❣️❣️

Definite pj day tomorrow @Maggie. I'm all crashed.

So glad talking to counsellor was helpful as usual. Yay for garden goodies too! That's a bonus ❤

That soup looks awesome, thanks @Former-Member (and vego me can eat virtual chicken soup 😉). I could really use some of that tonight. I ordered pizza which very rarely happens. The non pizza eaters had cereal. I took the easy way tonight.

Nice to have had a couple of hours to yourself with Holly. Hugs for all the family stuff you have to think about and worry over. That's really tough. I hope dinner was easy for you too ❤
Former-Member
Not applicable

Ha ha @CheerBear  .. thats why I gave you chunky chicken soup ... you can pick out the chicken bits.  😂

@Maggie  ... so good knowing your lovely counsellor is back and is supporting you as well as she always does.

Yep .. dinner was easy.  Hot dogs!  I had some in the freezer .. frankfurts and rolls.  Hubby already in bed.

Sherry

Morning @Maggie, @Former-Member and all 👋 Kettle's on if you're around ❤
Former-Member
Not applicable

Cuppa is just what I need @CheerBear  ... thank you. 😀

How are you feeling today? Are you still planning a PJ day?

How are you going @Maggie ? 

Perhaps some time in the garden for you again today?

Sherry 💕

Morning @Former-Member ❤

I'm still 🤒 and spent the night waking up coughing with a sore throat and chest. I also had shocking horrid, very real feeling nightmares about my ex last night which didn't help, so it's definitely a pj day here. I noticed there are ants in my bed (shudder) a moment ago. No idea how or why as I gave my whole room a really good clean only 2 days ago so I'll change the sheets, find where they're coming from then go back to bed once I've taken the kids to school. Tv in my room with chromecast now which makes bed even more appealing 😁

How's your day looking today?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance