Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

I might head to the kettle for a second now @CheerBear .

Plodding on here. I did a bit of gardening yesterday....early. My neighbors must wonder. I need to get some soil. Bags might be the go, I don’t need a trailer load.

Then some painting. I have 2 canvases on the go.

How about you?

Gardening and painting sound great @Maggie. What have you been doing in the garden?

We spent the weekend with unwell and well people and that's about it really. Mr Friend and I have spent some time together before he starts work in a few days.

My ears and throat hurt lots today 🙁 If I don't sound better I won't be able to go in to my gig (I have not got my phone voice on today).

How have you been feeling about things (what colour is the world there for you)?

You sound like you have the same bug my counsellor has @CheerBear . Very sore throat/ ears. She rang yesterday saying she has only got part voice back.

You might be wise to leave the gig for today. But you’ve pushed through some obstacles before. I know today means so much to you. 💚💚💚

I’m getting a small patch of garden ready to plant some veg @CheerBear. The cardboard has knocked off the undergrowth, now I need to add and improve the soil. I do like getting my hands dirty. 👍👍

I’m dark grey @CheerBear . I handle that ok enough. It’s the black I don’t handle at all. Moving on from person and event isn’t easy. She’s still in my mind. I saw her van outside a shop a few days ago, and took off in the other direction. It’s looking over my shoulder stuff now, and the lies that will be spreading. She was so opposite to most others. I’ll get there. Just something I didn’t need.

I reeeeally want to get in there again today @Maggie and could probably push through the feeling sick thing but I can't push through the sounding sick thing 😏 Coughing, sniffing, sneezing and sounding like I should be in bed isn't great as someone who provides over the phone support. Grrrr. Hoping some medication and a shower and the morning moving on will clear it up enough.

It feels good to just think of you in the garden getting your hands dirty and preparing to plant 💚

I'm glad to hear you're handling the colour OK enough. Looking over your shoulder and that feeling/need to take off is tough 🙁 I hear and see the tricky in moving on too. It's a complicated, twisted loss and one I imagine could bring up layers of other complicated, tricky losses.

Do you think counsellor will make it to see you this week?

How's today looking for you?

Morning to you @Former-Member 👋

You really don’t sound well at all @CheerBear  🤧😷 All you can do is try. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Counsellor is calling in this afternoon after classes @CheerBear . A quick coffee and chat. Looking forward to that.

I will do some more painting later, I think.

👋👋👋️ @Former-Member 

@CheerBear  I forgot to say, I hope unwell person, and well person, are doing as good as can be expected. Friend will be supportive there I’m sure. ❤️❤️

So good that she's calling in this arvo @Maggie ❤ Yay for painting too. Is your profile pic one of yours?

I moved all of my yarn craft stuff and some painting things out of my room as we were given a 2nd hand tv. I've never liked the idea of a tv in my room but put it in there and tidied it all up so the crew could use my room/bed as a second lounge room (this place is tiny). With sib being here the house is even tinier and I thought it could help with that. It means I need to find somewhere for the ridiculous amount of yarn I have though 🤔😑 At the moment it is in storage tubs in the corner of the lounge room. Bit annoying.

Do you think you and sib will look for a bigger house @CheerBear ??

Craft stuff is so bulky, and always so much of it. I had mine in the lounge in my previous flat. Stacked in boxes..😂😂😂

It doesn’t give you any privacy with your room being an extra get away for the crew. I understand there’s no way round it though.

Have you felt like yarning at all..???

The profile pic isn’t one of mine, but it is one I’m doing. If it turns out ok, I’ll show you.

@Former-Member  I hope your back is improving. There’s just something all consuming about back ache. Sending some 💜💜💜💜

Its been really tricky with sib @Maggie. I've felt like we're annoying them and like they're looking forward to getting out of here. Found myself on eggshells a bit 😏 I sucked up some fear and started a tough conversation about it all. The response was that sib is in a dire financial situation and it's causing some big internal wobbles and worries. Way better to get that out in the open so I know where I stand and that it isn't really me or anything we're doing. It definitely means no moving out anytime soon unless we have to. I'm about to hand in a six month lease and we'll reassess then. Very tricky.

I haven't had much time to yarn. With Mr person at work soon that will probably change 🙂

Its a beautiful painting. I'm looking forward to seeing yours, even if it doesn't work out (though I imagine you won't be so keen on sharing if it doesnt).
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance