Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Awwww thanks @Maggie, you are so good to have here. I have to say goodnight myself  Take care. ♥️

Goodnight @Former-Member @Shaz51, take care. 

Good night @Gazza75  xx 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thankyou for sharing your story @Gazza75 

I am really sorry to hear how hard it has been for you. 

Very traumatic for you (and your brother). 

Trauma can cause us to react in different ways and it sounds like it was an extremely difficult situation for you to cope with. 

Like you mentioned. It might not be bipolar at all, it could be a breakdown, as we all react differently to traumatic events. 

It must be hard for you that everyone doesn’t know your side. I know that feeling well. I experience that with my (ex) family. It’s hard to go through life with people thinking wrong about us   

I dont mind sharing my story. It’s ok. 

My life has been a roller coaster, that’s for sure. 

Working in children’s services and teaching, I picked up a lot of sicknesses as well, so recovery has been extremely slow. 

Might head off in the shower now. And try to unwind. Listening to positive podcasts or positive YouTubes helps me sometimes and deep breathing and relaxing muscles. 

You sound like you are doing well considering what you have been through. You are stronger than you think. 

Sleep well. Chat again soon. 

Nighty night to you Gazza and @Maggie 

💜💖🌷🌸🌺🌻😴

Former-Member
Not applicable

Nighty night lovely @Shaz51 🥰💖🤗

Hello @Former-Member  hope you have s good sleep tonight my darling xx 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Nighty night to you too @Former-Member 

Thinking of you. 

I’m still trying to unwind. 

I hope you’re ok. 

Its been a huge time for you. 

💖🥰🌺

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member  ... and yes, goodnight to you also.  I am about to head off to bed right now myself.

Very true ... its been a big couple of months for me all round. Very full on and intense while visiting my Dad and going through all my Mums stuff.  But got a lot done, so happy about that.  My Dad was wanting to be all independant after I left on Monday arvo and stay at home on his own from now on.  Sadly, the day after I left (Tues) he had a nasty fall while trying to get up from the lounge.  He said his legs got in a tangle and he fell over.  When the home care people arrived, he had a very black eye, the skin off his head, a cricked and sore neck and a bung knee.  Given he is on blood thinners, and had clearly had a head knock, they insisted he see his doctor to rule out a brain bleed.  He is a bit better today thankfully, but has once again gone out to my brothers place for closer observation for a few days. Really dont know what he will do in the longer term.  Everything is very much up in the air again now.

Hubby has his oncologist review tomorrow, after having had blood tests and CT scans recently.  Hoping the results are good.  Fellow melanoma patients call this period of waiting between when scans are done and getting results "scanxiety", which is pretty accurate.  Anyway I guess we will know tomorrow how things are going with regards to the cancer, and if it remains in remission.

I have been following your past week with much interest and sadness @Former-Member .  Life can be so hard for some.  So very unfair.  But I also sense that you are very strong and will come through all this.  A temporary glitch only.  Are you heading off to bed soon too?  Really hope you are managing to stay off, or at least limit, the amount of alcohol lately. I know from personal experience that it only ever makes things worse in the long run.  It may offer a temporary respite, but does absolutely no good, in the longer term.  I'm not  lecturing btw ... I'm not in a position to because I would be a dreadful hypocrite if I did. And yes, I still resort to it myself on occasion.  Thankfully not as much as I have on occasions in the past.

Its actually been a difficult night here for me, with all the talk about the Pell appeal, and also the abortion debate in the NSW parliament.  All that in the news has prompted my husband to talk about abortion, and my thoughts on the matter. Which naturally leads him to bring up the subject of my rape as well, and what I would have done had I become pregnant, etc.  I try to give him a straightforward answer, but really there is no straight forward answer. And talking about it at all is highly emotionally to me, draining and triggering.  I dont like it.  And I dont think hubby realises how much it affects me to talk about these things, and to bring up the past once more. 😢

So now I need sleep, but with so much churning through my head I expect it will be a long night. At least I have Holly, who has been very attentive and close since I've returned.

@Maggie @Zoe7 @Gazza75 @Shaz51  ... Hi to each of you.  And good night .... 

Sherry 💤😴💕

@Former-Member  Ditto with the Pell case and other news stuff.

I hope you managed to rest last night. Wow life is still throwing you some curves. Sorry your dad is in such a bad way. Life really is tough.

Ive fallen in a heap with housing passing me from person to person but no action regarding accommodation. My counsellor is away today on 5 weeks holiday, so the alone scary feels are around. Good to catch up with you. 💜💕

@Gazza75  I’ve been given incorrect diagnosis in the past, go with you gut and read what you can. 💜💕

@Former-Member  The shopping today sounded good, I hope it felt like that for you. Some new clothes are always a nice feeling. Hope you got some rest also. 💜💕💜

@Zoe7 @Shaz51  @outlander  @Faith-and-Hope and all passing 💕💜💕

Hi @Former-Member , sorry you have had such a rough day or two dealing with things in the news.  I think a few people here have been dealing with and struggling with the same thing.  The media should be a lot more sensitive about things than they are.  I hope your Dad is okay and he figures out what to do in the longer term, living solo doesn't seem ideal for him.  Also have my fingers crossed for your husbands tests and you get some respite for yourself soon.  Maybe if hubby brings up that stuff you should just shut him down fast and tell him you don't want to think or talk about it.  Ever. 

Take care Sherry 🙂 Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance