Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

How are things going with you @Sophie1 

Hi @Former-Member  

we are half way through a chronic migraine pain diary for MsS .. she insisted she would do it herself and ended up printing the wrong diary template and only realised three weeks into the time of 6 ! I had to hold my tongue as i had asked at least three times - are you sure you have the right diary / can you pls check .. this is really important in order to get the treatment at the 6week Mark .. I was so annoyed as I know the diary is full of guesses partially now ... 

so hard to know when to back off and when to get closer for this kind of thing 

anyway but a big deal but did annoy me today 

the pain and non functioning is bad - she is in bed almost every day with nausea , dizzy migraines and chucky .. can't wait for the treatment .. until then we just have to enjoy the few hours a day she is up and about 

anyway it's late I must sleep but thanks for checking in xxxx

Checking in @Sophie1 

hello and sending hugs @Sophie1 HeartHeart

images - 2021-03-18T051522.474.jpeg

images - 2021-03-18T051711.134.jpeg

Hi @Former-Member @Shaz51 @outlander @Faith-and-Hope @Determined @Smc 

i haven't been online for a while .. just wanted to give an update - hard to know where to start 

tonight I'm struggling as my chronic respiratory condition has kicked into overdrive as the cold weather arrives .. had trouble breathing and sleeping all week and on a round of meds that don't make me feel so well 

MsS has been almost totally non functional with chronic migraines and headaches still (2yr plus episode now) with last few months being extra bad and this month  anxiety through the roof - couldn't leave house at all lately - got three houses down the street and insisted on going home immediately 

the above means

- the house is a dirty mess as little to no housework being done .. 

- we are both exhausted and cranky 

- my performance at work has been hot and cold

• I’m feeling very nervous about returning to work to the office as well as I’m barely coping working from home

Ok that’s the struggles and the upside is

• MsS has been continuing with regular trauma therapist sessions and I have had a few counselling sessions too
  • I love my new job and most of my new team are wonderful
  • my hip is healing and much less pain
  • Ms S was accepted for migraine treatment plan sponsored by government- and The migraine treatments MsS is trialling as of last week are maybe showing early signs of helpfulness - some half days pain free which is a new thing
  • We invested in an air purifier and an air humidifier to help me breathe better - just starting to use today
  • I have started swimming again which I love and it helps my chest and breathing
  • So we both have hope of improvements starting and more on the horizon

So it’s hopefully a pivot point for us both and life will improve as the weeks pass

Don’t want to hope for too much but maybe just maybe our well-being is on the right track

Good on you for keeping the upsides in view @Sophie1. I hope they make a difference for both of you.

I've seen a family member struggle with almost constant migraines. It's pretty horrible. I hope the migraine clinic has some good ideas for her. xx

Thankyou @Smc I really appreciate it so much .. migraines are tricky ... we have had multiple opinions ranging from - relax more , do a yoga class through to strange nerve block injections and a range of meds ... we just keep asking and keep trying 

Hi @Sophie1 

Wondering how things are going since your last post.

Was heartened to hear that your hip is improving.

Hi @Former-Member @Smc @Shaz51 @outlander @Faith-and-Hope 

I'm feeling hopeful and wanted to share that MsS has started cooking and cleaning again ! This is a great sign .. along with being ok walking outside with people around and initiating social visits with her friend .. they even did a new garden area for us today while I worked in my home office E69530E5-ED21-44D6-9B59-FBC6792C5F2B.jpeg

The plastic bamboo fencing is new , the arrangement of pots on this place in yard is new and the two big pots have new geranium cuttings from my parents who visited for Easter 

this was all MsS idea and a total surprise to me ! 

just had to share when something like this happens - it's the idea , the energy , the thought - I so enjoy these happy moments when MsS is headache free for enough hours and motivated (not depressed) to do something like this for our home 🏡 

of course I'm vigilant for mania .. and happy to report she started potting and other garden work yesterday and stopped when she felt tired rather than having to finish and then we deal with the fallout of exhaustion .. great signs of self awareness and monitoring .. I'm thrilled 

happy moment done  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance