Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jess5
New Contributor

Relationships

Hi 

my husband of 9 years is currently giving me the silent treatment. It isn’t something new he does this whenever he is stressed or I do something to annoy him and he bottles it up and it explodes like this. I have tried talking to him I have apologised for what I did but still nothing. I’m so scarred he is going to leave me I have suffered anxiety and depression for 15 years and I’m having a really hard time is their any advice

1 REPLY 1

Re: Relationships

Hi there @Jess5  thanks heaps for sharing, that's really hard. Silent treatment can be a very difficult thing to deal with, and isn't always a kind thing to do to another person. It sounds like you're doing everything you can so, if you can, in the process try to be gentle wih yourself.

Would you consider giving therapy a go for either yourself or you and your partner? Is there a specific reason you think he will leave you outside of the silent treatment? We are here to listen Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance