Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Recently Diagnosed

It's great that you finally got a diagnosis and it sounds as though a thorough job was done by the psychologist. In fact it seems you have a great team full stop.

If you can get into a DBT program, do so ASAP as they're often booked out for months. The sooner you get moving on this, the sooner you'll get some better coping tool in the war chest.

Hello,

That is really good that your boss is understanding, at my last job, my boss was pretty good, but as i deteriorated and got so much worse, he had to let me go, if i get myself together, i probably have a job still there, but i have decided for my health, i need something that is alot less stressful,

I am glad that you got to see a different GP who sounds like they really care, and want the best for you, it is quite confronting, seeing the report like you said seeing yourself laid out on a4 paper, my GP, wouldn't let me have a copy of my latest report, apparently there was stuff in there for Dr's eyes only, not too sure what that meant, but it is what it is, i am going to have to make another appointment with my psychiatrist, as he said i needed long term psychiatric care/monitoring, but didn't put in his recommendations.

My first psychiatric assessment by who i call the "idiot" he was hopeless, i barely had eye contact i told him everything, including my gmabling problems, drug problems, reckless spending, credit cards personal loans etc, and he said that everything was drug related.... which it wasn't, well not entirely, my new psychiatrist, was able to see alot more into my issues, but i still am in the dark a little,

That is really good news that your psychologist is looking at working with cbt and dbt, it will help make a good difference, yeah ct scan is not much fun, i too am fine with bloods, but i can't watch the needle go in LOL once it is in and the blood is being drawn i can watch it.

What happens now is a good question, too me it sounds like sessions with your psychologist to help work on you 🙂

Glad to hear things are going well

Thanks guys,

Yeah, I think part of why I get along so well with my GP is that he is so open, and explains everything, and gives me a bit of say. And early on, when I was so terrified of the whole thing, and refusing meds (after seeing what they did to my mother-creature) and seeing a psychologist (I don't know what's going on in my, what makes you think I can talk about it to a complete stranger), he'd start trying to get me to accept and I'd clam up, so he'd show me pics of his horses and talk about his animals until I'd start responding again.

I am fairly certain that without him, I would not be alive today.

And I know it's odd, but I'm kinda grateful for the SH infection and allergic reaction that followed. I know I wouldn't have seen a doctor otherwise.

Thankfully I don't need to see the psychiatrist again unless needed, obviously she was good, but I was so uncomfortable there. I'm perfectly fine with my GP, and while I'm not comfortable with my psychologist I manage. In saying that, I can't really picture being completely comfortable with takling about everything to someone. But I am flat out speaking around people I don't know. 😛

A kind and considerate GP is worth more than their weight in gold!
A safe space and genuine listening, true treasures in our community...but sadly not all GPs can offer the time and space depending on type of GP practice and Medicare targets...
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance