Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Post Natal Depression In Men - It's Real , My Experience , Scroll Down

Hi @jimmy1982
Thanks for typing in this font! I really like your profile pic too...

Re: Post Natal Depression In Men - It's Real , My Experience , Scroll Down

Thank You ..

Re: Post Natal Depression In Men - It's Real , My Experience ( I apologise Seems Only 20% Of The Content Saved The Rest is Gone )

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your courage in speaking out about a subject that is so important. Having a baby is an exciting, wondrous time. It is also potentially scary, difficult and anxiety provoking. You are suddenly responsible for a new life, relationships change, sleep deprivation kicks in and before you know it you need help that you never envisaged you might need. It sounds like you had a tremendously difficult transition to fatherhood… but you are not alone, 1 in 10 fathers in Australia experience postnatal depression!

Your message is incredibly important – talking through concerns with a trusted friend, family member or health professional can make a huge difference to a person’s mental health. It can also lead to connecting with specially trained professionals who can help manage the illness. Making an appointment with a GP is a great starting point.

Jimmy, if even one father benefits from your experience it will be a great outcome. Thank you. If you, or anyone on the forums wants to talk about fathering and any distress or challenges they may be facing please consider phoning the PANDA National Perinatal Depression Helpline. We would welcome the opportunity to support you during this transition.

PANDA National Perinatal Depression Helpline 10am – 5pm Mon-Fri 1300 726 306

www.panda.org.au; www.howisdadgoing.org.au

Good on you Jimmy.

The PANDA Team

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance