Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Tyler01
Senior Contributor

OCD and it's various forms

Hi there everyone

I started a post almost 2years ago regarding my own particular peripheral vision, eye contact, distraction form of chronic OCD. It  often has a co exisiting relationship (in my case) with conditions such as Tourrettes Syndrome, ADHD as well as depression and anxiety.

Through discussion of OCD with others living with the conditiion I have come to understand that most cases are unique to the individual and vary in degrees of scope. (and may be dependant of the coexisitng issues involved.)

My own 'version' of OCD (adhd/TS) has been with me since my early teenage years and continues to play a part in my daily life.  I understand my OCD thoughts are 'silly', 'pointless' or 'immature' and I personally 'don't care' what other people think of me (in many cases) to the extent that the OCD does.

Regardless, my OCD still seems to care very much about what others think and the repititive thoughts/behaviours (although at times may vary in intensity) continue on their un-merry go round will not go away.

I would be very interested to hear life stories from others living with a co-exisitng form of OCD and why they think it works the way it does.

Thanks very much.

1 REPLY 1

Re: OCD and it's various forms

@Tyler01 

hi Tyler

I don't have ocd so I don't have a strory. I know a number of people who do. From what I've observed it can be very serious and difficult to live with. Treatment is available and like all of these type of treatments require acceptance and work. I don't discount your ocd thoughts as silly or trivial. The fact that your posting shows me they aren't trivial.

Go to the forums page and enter 'ocd' in the search bar and lots of discussions and stories about ocd will show.

Hope this helps

WriterMelb

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance