Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

New, my summery.

Hey everyone I'm new here in my mid to late 30s. I have issues with Anxiety, OCD and Agoraphobia. My medication works quite well most of the time. I wanted to join the forum to help show support for those suffering and such. I've had anxiety problems since my mid teens with anxiety and ocd since I was 12. Agoraphobia is more recent, having said that I can leave the house, ride a bus and such it's just far travel.

My main downside is that I am basically alone, friends have all grown up. relatives have passed on ect. I have causal conversations with people but nothing more then that.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New, my summery.

Hi @Former-Member 

It is nice to meet you. If you type @ a drop box will appear and you can tag members or alternatively you can type @ and type in members name.

Thank you for sharing your story- it resonates with me. Hope to see you in the forum. 

Hi and welcome, @Former-Member , it's good to have you here.

I'm delighted to meet someone else with OCD and agoraphobia. What form does your OCD take? Mine is germophobia. 

My agoraphobia is similar - I can leave the house but can't go far or stay out long.

You can type any topic into the search bar above for threads on that topic. 

I hope you enjoy exploring the forums. 

Hi @Former-Member ,

Welcome! I'm glad you've found us! I can relate to much of what you are saying.

Im also in my mid 30s, have acquaintances (not many friends, if any). I'm a friendly social person, but have anxiety around friendships. Hence I keep ppl at distance.

I don't want it to remain this way forever...

i have found these forums super helpful in my recovery. I can 'connect' with ppl at any time, even if it is 12:09am (like now!). It mashers me feel less lonely.

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance