Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

wow @Former-Member  Smiley Very HappyHeart

thats great news @Former-Member

That's great news @Former-Member 😁

Mr Darcy quite animated with our move and is hyping up a little.

@Former-Member  😬

Thinking of you and Mr Darcy. 

Is not marking his mood chart up but is quite animated but not as hype as when on AD's (these induced hypomania) @Determined , I have had to ask him to slow down taking stuff out cupboards for me to pack as he is putting stuff everywhere (which he did when we were clearing his late fathers unit). I reminded him we have plenty of time to pack as we go and it would be less stressful for me.   He is now telling everyone we are moving to be closer to family (but  is not keen on having any of them visit too soon). I have left him know how often I feel we should visit my elderly mum and SIL with breast cancer which I think is a reasonable interval and I think he will respect that.  He is still anxious most evenings. He tells me when we move he will not see a psychologist, unsure if he needs a caseworker but will see doc and take meds. Will be interesting to see what his pdoc thinks - last appt she has felt meds right and therapy required but Mr D does not feel he needs it and until he sees the need and is prepared to engage there is no point wasting precious sessions. Will be interesting to see whether or not the comorbid personality disorder diagnosis is revisited, it is hovering in the background as PD (NOS) (BPD has been ruled out). 

Siooo pleases for you @Former-Member ❣️

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope  know how hard moving has been for you. Our move here was difficult for me initially, followed by Mr Darcy's crisis and subsequent orthopedic and memory issues. 

thAXOD2RG1.jpg@Former-Member 

Mr Darcy was agitated last night and finally told me this morning what was troubling him ... the lawn mower was leaking petrol last time he used it and he was worried it was going to catch on fire.

The concerning thing is that we subsequently had both our mowers in for repairs but he didn't tell them about the problem they would not have looked at it and now he does not want to take it in to get it looked at before we move.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance