Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Evie1
Senior Contributor

My disability and my trauma

I'm embarrassed that I have a life long disability and now trauma won't leave alone suicide was traumatising self harm was traumatising my history of sexual abuse was even more traumatising what's next I want someone to talk to me who can realate I don't feel like I have a right to be happy 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: My disability and my trauma

@Evie1 coming to terms with a lifelong disability is hard. I know first hand. What I can say is you determine the quality of life you have. You make your own choices that are right for you only and work for you only. Please trust me when I say I wish I'd known thulis 20 years ago. 

I have an illness for life myself. Trauma I'd my middle name. I don't talk about it all extensively. It's robbing me too much of my life. You aren't alone. I can't convince you that you deserve to be happy. Although it is true, you need to believe in that for yourself firdt. 

I hope thus helps. 

Take care. 

@Evie1  You do have the right to be happy, just like everyone does.

Working through trauma is hard work, and takes time, lots of time. Living with a disability is an added layer of struggles.

Do you have a counsellor, or a care team to work through these issues ?

I hope there is something good in today, no matter how small.

I have support I just don't like change I freak out when there is change so then my trauma and disability play with my mental health 

@Evie1  I understand that. I don’t like change either. I get really insecure, and like you, I go downhill fast.

We are here walking with you, when we can. Sending some 💜💜💜

@Maggie thank you but I walk through life with negative attention I use to love guys all over me I use love feeling like the dream girl of all boys b4 I became bi and moved on to girls but I still have my male partner my first experience re traumatised me i feel empty like I deserve nothing but pain 

@Evie1  It sounds really hard for you.

You deserve good things @Evie1 . Im sorry for what has happened to you.

Please take care. 💜💜

YouTube videos comfort me.  Especially the 2000 videos produced on the channel: Soft White Underbelly.  These are mainly about USA sexually traumatized people, trying to survive USA today.

It makes me so glad that we in Australia do not have the extremes of the USA,

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance