Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

@NotLabelDefined nothing came through sorry.. must've glitched

Thanks @Former-Member i had to do it in order to get it off my chest..
I have seen you around the forums and wanted to include you on this. Thanks again 🙂

Hi @Sans911 and thanks 🙂
I have found a therapist who i click with and that is good. I think the main issue in the past has been the education level of the therapist in question. Counsellors aren't uzeful to me, so i needed someone who i click with as well as someone who had knowledge of what was going on. The psych i see now is male and is slightly younger. So that really helps.
DBT is something we are gonna look into. He said he didn't have much experience with DBT but for the sake of conzistency and improvement i think its best to just leave it and stay with him for now. I've made progress so far.
I really do need to find myself first. That's key. First and foremost. Stop ,easuring myself according to other's standards or anything, but set appropriate attainable goals that are acheivable.
I am focusing on this in the next 2 weeks. Actively that translates to researching opportunities now that i have done my degree and also work etc. In order to want to do that i need to value myself enough.
Steep mountain.

Through mental illness i learn to look after myself. Very good point @Former-Member i like this idea

Indeed @TAB life is not fair. How i see things can change yeh, i have experienced this a bit in the past. I guess i want that to change. I am the one who will always be here. That's right. Baby steps i guess

Thanks @Phoenix_Rising
I appreciate the kind words. I feel safe because its anonymous and no one knows i use it so there is freedom i guess. I need to be honest with myself. Thats how i improve

Beautifully and courageously written @MDT.
👍🏻

Hi everyone
Just a couple of things..
Took my sister for a driving lesson which was good
Organised gym for tomorrow morning with a friend so it becomes a routine. Also sent internship cv through. Now im chilling on the couch on forums.
Trying to train my brain into thinking better of myself. Hard.

Thanks @Catcakes and welcome. Hope you feel accepted here 🙂

@MDT, with a friendly nod to @Catcakes @Phoenix_Rising @TAB @Former-Member.

Well  done Hamsolo on setting out  your thoughts here.  I do think its important to have a central place which contains your story and background.  A place where you can come, and know that others who contribute have an understanding of where you're at, and why.

I must say that you seem to have a wonderful insight into the why's and how's of your condition.  Very courageous of you to put it all down on paper.  I hope that the process of writing it all down and digesting the information within, proves to be therapeutic and healing for you.  It was for me when I wrote my own story in my thread here. 

Good on you Ham.

Sherry Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance