Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

FragileMe
Contributor

Lost in life

Does the void of depression and anxiety ever ease? 

I'm over feeling so sad and crying. I'm over feeling so anxious that I get scared about feeling anxious.

I'm just so lost in life and in my head right now. I'm struggling to maintain everything I have happening right now.

Work.

Work changes.

Employment agency to ensure I stay employed.

Therapy.

Dentist appoints to fix bad teeth.

Psychiatrist and GP.

Often I just want to curl up in bed and stay there forever. Not get up. Not be productive or face the world. I just want to sleep away the pain of everything.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Lost in life

@FragileMe  Hi FragileMe I find I have good days where I am on top of the world and can cope with almost everything then other days where I just want to curl up in bed and do nothing at all except sleep. Are you seeing a good doctor for your depression and anxiety? For my symptoms of my mi I found having a good psychiatrist and being on the right medications to help enormously. 

You are doing well being employed. I couldnt face employment atm and probably never will be able to so says psychiatrist.  Just take one day at a time dont look too far ahead. That is what I do. Take good care of yourself. Love peax

@greenpea I do see a GP who presrcibe what the psychiatrist wants me on as I see the psychiatrist via video (joys of living in a rural area) .
I'm 5 days into an add on med. I'm hoping to god it helps.

Employment is super hard right now as my manager left and she was amazing and now the new manager isn't as good as the one before.

I feel so fragile. I hate life. I hate that I can't cope woth tough shit. I jate that all I ever do is cry recently.

@FragileMe  hugs FragileMe I hope the new med helps. My son has had an additional med and it has made all the difference to his moods which is a godsend to not only him but the whole family.  Hopefully your new manager will improve given time. He/she is probably still finding his/her feet.

I wish I could cry. My meds make it difficult for me to cry as they are mood stabilizers and antipsychotics. I hope my words have helped just so that you know you are not alone.  peaxx

I hope do too @greenpea . I've already got an add on, so this makes 3 mental health meds now. The new one is a mood stabiliser.

My new manager has done the role before many years ago. She's had to relearn some things but hopefully it calms down soon

Hi @FragileMe,

I to struggle with balancing work and. Life along with mental health issues. I feel. Pretty isolated and alone. Have had so many managers it's hard to trust or faith in any of them. 

Current one is so young and I have little confidence in her understanding or caring about me. She's located in a different state which adds to the difficulty. I always have the feeling that I am the odd one out at. Work. Since I had a breakdown down. Manic. Episode. I am Bipolar 2 or so I am. Told.

Do you have any hobbies?  Do you have a garden?  I miss growing food and maintaining a good garden.

Nice to meet you @FragileMe, hope you can make some connections here. It's great you are working BTW. 👍😊

@FragileMe  mood stabilizers are great. I use a purple one and it has worked wonders for my mi symptoms:). Put on weight though but what can you do is better than having moods all over the place. You are sounding alot better from when we first started talking 🙂 I do hope so. I am around most mornings ridiculously early like 2am if you are ever in need of someone to talk to in the middle of the night tag me. 

I have to go and see to son2. Take care and I will see you around the forum. Love peax

@Gazza75 It's hard to juggle everything.
My previous manager was best I've ever had. So kind, genuine and understanding.

Kind of. I colour in A LOT. It's a hobby I guess. I ised to like photography, and have a decent camera and such but depression has sucked the joy away, and theres only so much you can photograph before it feels repetitive. 🤷‍♀️

@greenpea I can't afford to put on weight (already over weight :face_with_rolling_eyes:) but the psychiatrist knows that and chose accordingly..
Thanks, I'll try to remember that

@FragileMe, my mum got into colouring in a few years ago. No. Stopping her now. She uses those gel. Pens and. Normal. Pencils. I've done a. Few.. I did. Some when I was in a very bad. Place and it helped get. Me. Through.

I got her an easel and magnifying glass for her birthday this week. Much easier and more. Comfortable for her now. 

Would you like to be tagged into some of th social threads and a craft one? Would love to see some of your colouring in if you are. Comfortable to. Share them.

I have to head home soon, but,  Can do it. Tomorrow if you like. 

@Gazza75 haha sounds like me! I have so many colouring supplies and books haha.

That would be great thanks.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance