Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

I can definitely feel the difference with this new school @Owlunar  I went out to dinner last night with some of the staff and whilst it was not a great meal it was good company.

I know that other place you are talking about - it is so beautiful there and I know you love it there so have a great holiday Dec. The thought of going back to the top end has been on your radar since you went last year so hoping also that you can arrange that as well.

I also had a headache for most of last week - saw my gp on Wednesday and got a new scrit for one of my night meds I had run out of. Having that again seemed to make the difference - so hoping the headache stays away now. I did manage to get through work for those few days but had to leave DBT early as it was qetting worse - that gave me a little time to lay down before my gp appointment. My BP was a little elevated but that was likely to be because of the headache. Headaches can really affect everything we do or need to do and I can fully understand why you haven't been on here for a while.

I have a pair of reading glasses I got from the chemist but really do need to get my eyes tested properly. Hopefully by the end of this term I will have saved a little money and can get that organised.

Hi again @Zoe7 

Actually getting your eyesight tested is bulk-billed through Medicare and it might be a good idea to see an optometrist to see if the glasses you bought at a pharmacy are right for you - it might help even if you have to wait until you can afford new glasses that are presribled - we can get used to living in a fuzzy world actually - I have had this happen a few times - 

And I was still having my eyes tested every year because of the macular degeneration in my family even though my glasses were really out of date - it's a real pity that glasses are so expensive when they are so important

Headaches can be so debilitating - I understand what headaches can do for people and it seems you need that night medication - I spoke to my pharmacist about this and started taking a supplementary mineral for this - I am not sure if I can write this here so I had better not but your pharmacist will most likely know

A pity the dinner was pretty ordinary but the company was good - what is written - "Better to have a salad with our friends and family than a banquet with our enemies" - something like that - I am so glad that you fit in with your new school - it makes life much easier - it seemed that things were really tense at your old school and it will be so much easier without that tension

Dec

It is so much better at this new school @Owlunar Everyone has been so welcoming and I feel comfortable working there. There is certainly none of those tension that there was at the old school. I am also only 10 minutes away from home so I can leave later and get home much earler. I don't have as much to prepare for either not hacing my own class so my time at home is mostly my own. That has made it easier to cope with also. WHilst I would prefer to have my own class doing the support work I am doing I think is good for me to not have as much to do - it is a great introduction back into the job and is how it should have been last year.

Dinner was Mexican and there wasn't a huge amount on the menu that I could eat so I was very limited in my choices. I also didn't have a lot of time to choose so went with the first thing I saw that I could eat even though I wasn't too excited about that choice. It was a bit too hot for me as well and I only ate half the meal. 

I didn't continue on with hald the group as I had a stomach ache so had to come home. One of the other teachers drove so gave me a lift which was lovely of her. She actually gave 2 other people a lift as well so it really was lovely of her to go out of her way to bring us all home. That actually added to the pleasure of the night - to have someone else do what I would normally do but I didn't drive myself this time. I had already had a wine at work and knew if I had a drink with dinner I would not be able to drive. I don't generally drink - especially on my meds - so it really was an evening of difference for me.

The glasses I have I rarely use - mostly for reading very small things and they really help. I do need to get to the optometrist - another thing I can do in the holidays. I also need to get to the dentist - think I need both my wisdom teeth out that I have left, As always it costs and I haven't got that money yet even though most of it is covered by private health insurance.

@Owlunar  @Shaz51 

Glad the glasses are working for you Dec 👍👍.  Going away on a holiday sounds lovely, I hope you have a great trip.

Also glad you like your new school Shaz 🙂

Hi @Razzle @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @outlander @utopia @Sophia1 @BlueBay 

I am just about packed up and ready to leave early tomorrow for a few days on the Victorian East Coast - I am looking forward to it

The room was a real mess as I was sorting out my clothes - as the weather is changable I have to think of warm clothes and light ones so this is tricky - my suitcase is the right size for me to handle and enough will be enough. I have done this often enough to know I will be okay but I last night I dreamed that I had left my luggage at home when I got there - not likely to happen 

What really draws my mind is how upset Companion Cat was the last time I went away - she was sick - I know that now - and she got really sooky which was different behaviour - and with the mess in the lounge for the last few days I see - yes - she had noticed this happening every so often and knew I was not going to be there for her - and the last time it really upset her and she never recovered - but that's not why she died - I know she was a sick cat

So this time I am going away for a few days extra - I can do my laundry at the motel I am staying at but I hope I have enough not to have to bother with that - and I know the town I am staying at so I know where the best places to eat are and where to get food to have in my room -

Its a pretty place and at night when the traffic on the Princes Highway settles I can hear the surf - and this is wonderful - and what I plan to do is to chill out - walk a lot - esp along the beach and sit and look at the surf and think my thoughts - and if it rains - as forecast - I will have my computer and a good book - I am looking forward to it

I am glad I have nearly finished packing my stuff and then be sure I am ready to leave when the taxi turns up in the morning - I am travelling by train this time - economy - first class was booked out - but I have a window seat facing forward - 

It's easy to book trips inside the state - no need to see the agent about flights and hotels - I have been to this place so many times before I know it's exactly what I want to do right now

In the winter I plan to go to the tropics again - it's hot and wet up there atm

Dec

That sounds like a nice time away you’ll have @Owlunar something I would love 

enjoy your time away 

I’ll be thinking of you ❤️ Xxoo

@Owlunar   That all sounds so wonderful, I hope you really enjoy your time away.  It sounds so relaxing and comfortable, I envy your time and space on your own. I hope you are able to check in once in a while.  Have a great time !! 🙂❤️❤️

It sounds like you have everything sorted and are will have a wonderful time whether it rains or not @Owlunar Enjoy every moment Heart

sounds like you have everything sorted and are will have a wonderful time, you will my wonderful seond Mum @Owlunar , soooooo proud of you and wish I was with you xxxx

It is beautiful country @Decadian 

Enjoy!

Smiley Happy

I will do some trips like that again, one day.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance