Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Hi @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Razzle @BlueBay 

I'm on the train right now - things have changed a bit since the last time I came this way two years ago - the train is new and comfortable but there is no first class - the carriage I am in is a "quiet carriage" and yes - this does make a difference and this train is very fast too and I am enjoying the space I have - maybe I will have all these seats for the duration

Thanks everyone for your best wishes - I always get tense before I leave home - I nearly always forget something and this time it was the charger for my phone but I really do have the the luck of the Irish - when I realised I had forgotten my charger the taxi driver lent me one and I can return this to him when I see him next week - I can ring him from the train - 

How wonderful and how kind - 

I wish all of you could come with me too - we could have a party I guess - beach party - with a picnic - it's not the best beach to surf from but we can do anything without any consequences with on-line parties

Rain was forecast for today and a few stations back yes - it was raining but after having rain forecast I am pleased to say that although it's cloudy it's fine and fine weather is forecast for the next few days

I'm glad I got the USB connection sorted for my computer - it's great sitting here in the train typing away - ah - I wonder if anyone has ever had a train party

I slept well last night and woke up in plenty of time for my taxi - 

Dec

I love the quiet carriages.

@Owlunar Smiley Happy

Enjoy your holiday @Owlunar 

thst was really nice what the taxi driver did 😊 there are some nice people around 

chst soon ❤️

Hi @Decadian  and @Appleblossom 

Yes - the quiet carriage was really pleasant - not many people there and it was mostly quiet

But then - Murphey's Law happened - someone was a couple of seats away from me and had four seats to herself and was busy making up some folders with music in them and every so often zzzziiiiuuuuc ccchhhh - with the sticky tape - it was like people scratching their fingers on the blackboard - icky - but she wasn't doing anyone any harm

And yes BlueBay - there are some kind people in the world - I actually seem to attract them - I think it's because I have learned to smile before I speak and people notice that. And my phone is charging now through my computer - I could have been charging my phone through my computer for ages - now I know how

I hope you are okay - somehow we have to help you to tune out Huffnpuff's rants and think your own pleasant thoughts - let him know you are not listening to his rants -

But the way everyone passing through - it's a lovely afternoon here - a sea mist came up and it was beautiful - now it's cleared - and I went out and got lunch from the best hot toastie place I know about and then got some food to eat here - and where I am sitting to use my computer I can see a lake on the other side of the highway - and it is just plain lovely here today

I wish you could be here too BlueBay - this is the kind of peace you need - just yourself with no pressure - I really enjoy my breaks and I love this seaside resort - I have been here so often through my life I have forgotten how often

All the best my dear friends in the forum family

Dec

Oh dear @Owlunar 

Quiet is relative ... and then little noises SEEM BIG.

No harm done though.

Smiley Happy

I hope you have a wonderful time away @Owlunar It was so nice of the taxi drivere to lend you the charger - we so often focus on what is wrong in the world but acts like that restore your faith in people. It is often those very little things that mean so much to us and make so much difference. I look forward to hearing more about your holiday when you post Heart

hugggssss my second mum @Owlunar , love you being around me xoxo

Have a great trip @Owlunar  ❤

Hi @utopia @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Appleblossom @BlueBay @Razzle @Outlander65 

I had a beauiful day yesterday - I went out in the evening and walked beside the lake - there was no one around and I could see that so I knew I was safe - and it was quiet - I just loved that

And yes Apple - when things are quiet noises we might not otherwise notice can cause shivers - btw - I had four seats to myself too and longed to put my feet up on the seat opposite but refrained - the seats are close together and I wonder where people's knees go when the train is crowded - I think the next time I come here I will fly - this is one of my favourite places to have a holiday - and there is a sense of freedom knowing I have several days here - I can just enjoy myself

And I slept well last night - and woke up feeling relaxed - and although it was raining earlier the sun is out now and I am planning to take a long walk this morning before it gets too hot - the last time I was here was at the same time of year and it does get hot here - but it's lovely to have that mist off the ocean too

Dec

@Owlunar Smiley Happy Lovely and calming to read about your walk at the lake.  Its amazing how the internet can connect us and allow such sharing.

@Shaz51 Smiley Happy

Hi @utopia Good to see you posting. Hope you are not too bad.

Smiley Happy

I am having a quiet day at home.  Some chicken with proscuitto and fetta to roast for a LINNER.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance