Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Let`s talk about Bipolar

I think that the amount of depression one has ie. recurring depression and high anxiety with a background in family trauma/abuse was the start for me.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Olga if you could write down what symptoms you had and what was going on in your life at that time, you will learn to recognise the warning signs and be in a better position to reach out for help.

what would happen if I gave up medications .... maybe what I have isnt real ..........

@greenpea @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Dimity @Olga I think it can be easy to forget that mental illnesses are very real illness and sickness. They are the same as any physical illness or sickness. They need medication and treatments to stay well. And we need more support than healthy people. But we can live just as happy and fulfilled as healthy people.

Hi @Shaz51 @Meowmy @Former-Member @greenpea @Olga 

I can't really reflect on social relationships... I've lost touch with family and friends (which I greatly regret) and a simple conversation with the neighbours can leave me ruminating and upset/regretful at my ineptitude. I focussed on work and daily getting by for years. I'm not sure which is more stressful, trying to reach out or being lonely. I do feel for others in the forums who are carers as well as fighting their own battles, I have nieces/nephews with ASD and depression I care for deeply. I agree about depression, anxiety and early trauma being formative in my case but it's sad ìf it's intergenerational.

Dimity

Very true my @Meowmy ❤

@greenpea , @Former-Member , @Appleblossom 

With me I have 2 diseases plus arthritis and I am taking  11 tablets a day to control my diseases,  I don't like taking soo many but if I don't,  I would  be in hospital 

Former-Member
Not applicable

The problem is that the medication can cause the same problems that they are suppose to fix and the damage that they can do to our organs, eyes and nervous system is unacceptable.  Yes it is a real illness but we need less toxic safer drugs. It's about time we had new research into medication  :pill: 

@Dimity ,

How do you get on with working??

My husband  struggles with it 

How about you @Former-Member , @Meowmy , @greenpea , @Olga , @HenryX , @frog , @eth 

I totally agree @Former-Member 

It would be great 

@Shaz51 @Former-Member @Dimity @greenpea @Olga  I find work a lot easier than fixing my personal life. May be because I had extremely abusive father whom I had to completely reject in my twenties. That left huge scars in me,body,kind,spirit that I can hardly survive to next day to get to work. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance