Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with complex mental health issues, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Introduce yourself here

Hi guys
I'm a mum to a 14yr daughter diagnosed with emerging personality disorder. Just looking for other parents with kids with the same diagnosis & just support & friendship in general from a like minded community.
3 random facts: 1 I have a 5mth old dog shaped wrecking ball (aka Oreo the puppy)
2 - I hate winter
3 - I'm a big Supernatural fan

Hi @Reece    A very warm welcome to the SANE forum.  Congratulations on reaching out to the members in the way you have. I am the moderator this evening and am confident that you will be able to get support, information and connection through the forum.

If you need any help with how the forum works please contact the moderator. The guidelines are also a great source on how and what to post and I recommend them to you.

Again welcome aboard

Whitehawk

Yes it has been difficult. The first two weeks after my daughter’s episode (is that the right language?), I cried at least once a day. It was overwhelming to think she was ill and in such a dark place and we did not know. As part of what happened she wants distance between us, myself and herself. In hospital it was difficult because she did not nominate us as next of kin. Still needing to learn more about what has/is happening.

Mother of a 17 boy who has had mental illness, suicide of 2 class mates within 12 months, horrible mental health inpatient experience; now moved out of home, disconnevting from family & refusing support.

1. Watching my two other boys play football brings me joy

2. I started a volunteer mentor program

3. I just resigned from my job

hi @gherkin @AandS @Reece @Lilly22 @M-A  and welcome to you all. i hope you find being here helpful. please feel free to start a thread of your own so that we can support you and join in to any conversation you feel comfortable to do so. 

we have a social thread called Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?  where many carers share a virtual cup of tea/coffee and chat. 

If you put an @ a drop down box will come up, to tag a memeber as ive done for you just click onto the members name. if your in the quick reply box youll need to type the name manually. 

I Hi everyone, 

i have an 18 year old daughter who Dr’s believe has BPD. As her mother I am not coping with her condition and feel a bit lost. I am looking for a place where I can get some support. 

1. I love to read but lately this is a challenge

2. In December last year I moved to Victoria from Qld and I am loving the cold weather

3. I have two dogs

I am looking to expand my knowledge and gain the courage to handle this challenge that life have given me. 

Good morning everyone, and welcome to Sane forums.  I just wanted to say hi and extend the same invitation that @outlander has for you to join us in Hot Chocolate Anyone ? thread.  

Weall come here seeking support and u derstandung around a wide range of mental health carer issues, done with lived experience,  Hot Chocolate Anyone ? is a meeting point on the careers side of the forum, where you can drop in any time and say hi to others, simply to connect and for someone to ask how your day was.  It helps to break down the sense of isolation that can come along with caring for others in this way.

Welcome also @Mrsjones 👋

Hello, I’m Liz. I care for my beautiful husband who has untreated schitzoaffective disorder. It’s tough! And I’m not great at seeking help for myself. We try to take care of one another as best we can. Three things about me... I love dogs, making fresh pasta and the sunshine ☀️ 

hi @Lizzylu 

A warm welcome to the SANE forum. Congratulations for reaching out in the way you have.  I am the moderator this evening and am confident the forum members will be able to offer you loys of support, information and connection. If you need help with using the forum feel free to ask the forum's moderators and community managers. And the guidelines are a great source of information about posting.

Again welcome aboard

Whitehawk

Welcome, lovely to meet you; this is definitely a great support that has helped me cope a lot. ❤️

For urgent assistance, call: