Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

George
Casual Contributor

I'm new...

Hi. This is my first attempt at introducing myself. I'm new to this forum but I'm so glad that I found it! I've been reading other people's letters for a few weeks now though and I've found it really helpful.

I'm 40 and i have BPD, severe anxiety and depression. I have been supposedly "stable" for a few years now which I'm really proud of but these past few months I've been suffering from crazy mood swings again. I have attempted to
make doctors appointments but have an anxiety attack every time i try to call and this has been going on for months.
My main struggles are with leaving the house and at night time and especially on weekends when i suffer loneliness.
I have no family support and minimal friend support. ..i guess you could say that I'm alone in the world. My best friends are my beautiful little doggies whom i live with...they are my everything.

My shrink labeled my as stable because i stopped SH and stopped my suicide attempts. I have maintained twice daily medication for approx 20 years now.
So you would think in all that time that i would have learnt to manage my illness...but no. Then again it all depends which mood BPD throws at me and on which day.

I'm hoping to learn from others on this forum and am hoping to have something in common with some of you .....or hopefully make some understanding friendships.

Thanks for listening
AC :)😊

(George is my dogs name lol and yes im female)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: I'm new...

Welcome @George maybe you have found a new family ... there are HEAPS of animal lovers on this site.

Hi @George/AC

Yes, welcome to the forums!!! i'm so glad you have been looking around and found others stories helpful

It sounds like you worked really hard to get to where you are (wether you call it stable or not) and even though you have continual struggles you have kept goin

was there anything in particular that you liked? or that stood out as resonating with you too??

Hi ,

welcome ..

Organisations like this and Partners in Recovery can help.

PIR help people with their mental health by working with you to identify things you want out of life and then help point you in the right direction.

Volunteer work can also be good for reducing lonliness, find out what your into and try a volunteer group that match thoise needs , from Planting trees to helping old folks . All volunteer organisations are just gartefull when you do turn up and dont chase you down when you dont . so you can manage the time to best suit you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance