Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Dewdrop
Casual Contributor

I have been with my significat other for well over a decade and just want to speak.

Hey there,

I have been with signficant other for well over a decade.    I love the guy with all my heart and I have been with him prior to his mental illness diagonisis. Over the years our relationship has had many ups and downs.  

Downs are manly caused by his mental illness.   I have joined as I need to speak to others who understand and are not quick to judge.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I have been with my significat other for well over a decade and just want to speak.

@Dewdrop  Hi Dewdrop and welcome :). You have come to the right site no one judges here. We are all in the same boat one way or another. Hoping you enjoy your time here.Love greenpea xx

ps: if you want to talk with someone in particular put a @ infront of their name and they will be sent a notification of your post.

Re: I have been with my significat other for well over a decade and just want to speak.

Hi @Dewdrop ðŸ‘‹

Here and listening 

I'm afraid I don't have any advice but I am also going through a crisis with my husband. He was given a diagnosis of bipolar type 1 just over a week ago. He denies he has it. Meds aren't working fully yet (too soon). He now wants to divorce me as I'm apparently gaslighting him. No.idea what to do!!

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that you aren't alone. 

It is a difficult journey which does not end, but this is not a condition that they wish on themselves. All we can be is good person and try to help those we love having better quality of life and manage the condition. I wish you well in your journey and am sure there is no judgement amoungst this group in how you take yours. Our kindest wishes

#Dewdrop. Hi, I'm also new to this forum but find it very helpful and supportive.  I've been with my husband for 30+ years and he has suffered from depression/anxiety and panic attacks for 15-20 years.

Sometimes life is good and everything goes along swimmingly and then something comes up (like a cruise I booked) and everything goes to pieces.  He has made up every excuse you could imagine and also said i'm selfish for wanting to go. It has been like this for the last month. PS We had discussed the cruise in detail and he was happy when it was booked a year ago - it's been as it gets closer that the problem arose.

When I joined the forum I just wanted to know I wasn't alone.... it is so hard sometimes not to just want to get out and live my life.... but I love him and know that it isn't him but his anxiety and I don't want to give up.

I feel for you and understand how you are feeling. I feel the same. 

How are you going @Dewdrop ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance