Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

SnowWhite
Contributor

Hi all

Ive only just sort of joined and answered a few posts on here. Im 56 and i have an eating disorder and been sexually abused when younger by members of my own family. My dad died when i was young and mum started drinking her sorrows so we hardly had any food not that she drank it but things back then were tough. Ive had a lot of things go on it my life mostly thinking i am not worthy or good enough but i am learning to face those questions head on and look for the proof that says I'm l, seen life from both ends. I have depression and anxiety attacks and ptsd which is now ptss Post Traumatic Syndrome instead of Disorder. I have some horrible nightmares and flashbacks but Im dealing with them through the help of some wonderful people who tell me I'm not crazy just me I'm also very empathic and compassionate and some of the stories here make me so sad i just want to hug you all. If you ever feel your alone, dont', cause someone out there cares xx

2 REPLIES 2
Ali11
Community Builder

Re: Hi all

Hi @SnowWhite,

Thank you for sharing your story and your experience facing questions head on. You clearly have a lot of inner strength as well as the compassion and wisdom you have already been sharing with others here.

Your posts also indicate how much effort you put into showing care and empathy for others – how do you like to take care of yourself?

Wishing you well, SnowWhite.

Re: Hi all

hi @SnowWhite
im wondering how your going since you posted this?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance