Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Had enough.

I miss having dogs!! They are always happy and ready to cuddle! I love my cat (who I can't have anymore 😞 ) but he's a bit hit and miss if he wants a pat or not lol

I can relate to just wanting to be heard and listened too and agree that psychiatrists are more about meds (from my experience) ...

I'm glad you are here on the forums, hope it helps a bit, I know it has for me.

Lj

Do you have anywhere decent to walk the dogs?

lostit
Senior Contributor

The medical world sometimes makes you feel like you are not valued as an individual and you're pidgeon holed and shunted in and out of different treatments. These days I just want to talk with people not try end game tho, just open up about whatever is on my mind or what I'm feeling. Hang in there @mick_1234

Dear @mick_1234

Thanks for your messages....I was actually following another member's messages called @lostit who I've been impressed by their's words of support and I found you....and all my wonderful friends too like @Appleblossom and @-karma- @Former-Member

and I think I've met @grubbytoes....love your message! Empathetic.....

I will say, you actually sound a lot like my darling partner who has been in the system for years and years. But yesterday......we were both listened in different circumstances, it's has made a huge difference to both of our lives.

One support was for me and it was a support group at Arafmi. It was awesome. I really didnt think that my partner should come but it ended up being the best thing for him. And they provisded yummy cake/buscuits too!! Had chocolate on them and everyone knows how much I like eating chocolate.

I've used Phams a few times for my hub, before our seperation for 2 years....okay for 1.5 years. I was not coping at all and I called a supportive place.....who got me in contact with them. It was great for him and I was very calmed by it. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance