Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

utopia
Senior Contributor

Re: HOME

Hi @Zoe7 . Been missing you too. 

I'm still feeling a little lost and sorry for myself.  But hopefully over time the Depression will improve. 

Yes.  Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I woke up with a bad back.  Pinched a nerve.  So back hip and pelvis all affected. Had 2 physio sessions,  so back not locking in place anymore.  Just constant ache that gets worse if I sit or stand for more than a few moments. Next physio appointment is next Friday. 

How is Toby and Cat?  Abbey and dog are well. 

How is school?  Do you have all the students wrapped around your fingers yet? 

I hope you have time to still do your art.  It seems to bring you a lot of joy. 

Hoping you are well and stay well. 

Love , your friend,  Cocky Utopia

❤❤❤

Zoe7
Community Guide

Oh that really sucks about your back @utopia - pinched nerves are so painful and can affect so much more than just your back Smiley Sad Hope the physio helps - I did hydrotherapy for mine and that really helped but if I remember correctly you only have an outdoor pool in your area so it would be more like an ice bath at this time of year Smiley Surprised

Toby and Cat are well. My little buddy is still my shadow and Cat still swipes at him when she gets annoyed with him ...he doesn't help that he is super jealous and doesn't like me giving Cat attention lol Off to my sister's for lunch tomorrow and will take Toby so Cat can have some time alone in the house Smiley Tongue

School is still going well - have some of the kids wrapped around my finger - and I have a soft spot for some of the 'naughtier' kids (but that wouldn't surprise you I'm sure). I am worried what will happen at the end of this term as I do not want to leave this school but I may not have any choice ...and who knows where I will be or what I will be asked to do, I love the staff and kids where I am so it will be very hard to have to leave ...but there is also nothing I can do if I have to Smiley Sad

Haven't been doing any of my art for sometime - too tired when I get home and weekends are generally catching up on rest/sleep - haven't been sleeping well again despite increasing my night meds again. Very much hoping that will even out of the next couple of weeks.

It really sucks that the depression has been hanging around so long my beautiful cocky friend. Have been feeling like mine is coming back this week too but think I may have got past the worst of it for now. There is that continued lack of motivation to do anything other than work - and some days that is a real struggle. I do think work has had a positive impact on me though so can imagine that you not having anything to do is totally affecting your moods.

How is you son going? Is he still working and still have his girlfriend?

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Hi @utopia  was just thinking of you. Hope you had a nice Mother’s Day ❤️

utopia
Senior Contributor

Yes @Zoe7 . My son is still with his girlfriend.  It will be 2 years together in November as his girlfriend tells us.  The longest of any teens dating at school.  Lol. 

My son is fine.  Soccer season has started again and he's loving it.  I'm thinking working 3 nights a week,  school band one day and one afternoon,  plus soccer is too much.  I'd like him to drop one shift at work.  Coz there is just so much homework to do in year 11. But he doesn't want to give up anything.  He says he's doing fine.  And according to the teachers I spoke with 2 weeks ago,  he's doing great.  Only slow handing in homework in 1 subject ( a huge improvement on last year). 

Soccer is a 40 to 50 minute drive away,  cross country.  So my boy gets to put his L plates on the car and my mum becomes the designated driver.  So he's getting more driving practice in. 

Oh,  I lied to you in my last msg.  Unintentionally.  It's only 2 weeks today since I hurt my back.  Not 3 weeks.  Just feels like 3.

How was it at your sister's today?  Yes I can imagine Cat likes that quiet time to himself,  when Toby goes out with you. 

Pity you are too tired for Art at the moment.  But I'm sure that will change over the coming months,  as your mental health keeps improving.  Keep that depression at bay. 

I'm seeing a new psychologist.  Seen her 3 times.  I think I like her,  but will have to wait a few more sessions before I'll know if we are a good fit.  Therapy wise. 

She gave me 3 bits of homework to do.  I've actually been doing 1 of them.  Colouring in.  50 minutes the first day and an hour the second time.  She only wanted me to do 20 minutes,  but I got so absorbed I forgot the time.  Lol.  

Can't remember for the life of me what the other 2 homework things were.  Memory has gone sluggish again recently.  Bloody brain. 

Why will you maybe have to leave school soon?  We're you only given a 6 month contract?  That sucks.  Hopefully the principal will try to keep you and get the school board,  or whoever it is,  to renew your contract.  Fingers crossed. 

Well it's been lovely chatting with you.  But I should be asleep.  Night for now. 

utopia
Senior Contributor

Hello @BlueBay . Yes I had a lovely mothers day.  Slept til 1pm.  Got a lovely scarf from my son.  And he cooked us some Samosas (frozen) & gave me a plate of cheese dip and crackers.  So my tummy was nice and full. 

How was your day?  Did you get to spend it with your daughter and granddaughter?  What about the boys? 

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

My day was nice @utopia my d bought me slippers and a top snd a candle. My boys bought me another beautiful candle. And another present on the way. We had coffee out and then us girls incl my granddaughter went to my bed and rested. It was really nice. And the best bit I didn’t cook dinner.

im glad you got spoilt. Xxxx

Zoe7
Community Guide

It is wonderful to hear your son is doing so well @utopia He certainly has taken on a lot but if he is coping with it all then that is great.

Lunch at my sister's was lovely. She made a beautiful roast lamb that fell apart like butter when you ate it. She really is a great cook. All the sides that went with it were done so well also ...and had some of my favourites so I was extremely happy. My Mum wasn't well but dragged herself there. We would have happily taken lunch to her but she insisted on coming down. Both her and Dad looked super tired so I actually wished they had stayed at home and we had gone to them.

I hope this knew psychologist you are seeing you click with and it is beneficial for you. I only see my psych every few months now - no point going if I dont have anything to talk about as most of that is done with my pdoc ...but it is good to still see her occasionally and know I have that support there if I do need it.

Colouring in is good to stay distracted and get your mind off other things for a little while. It can also be really enjoyable when you get into it.

I was only given 2 terms at this present school - which mega sucks. I love everyone I work with and they are so supportive that it will be really sad if I have to leave. I am still very much hoping that I can stay but that is in the hands of the department. I will start making enquiries closer to the end of term - hoping that it is all sorted before the next holidays so I both can have a good break and also can get organised for wherever I will be next term. I know that everyone at the present school wants me to stay but sadly that will not carry much weight - it is all about money when it comes down to it and where positions are available.

Hope you have had a reasonable day - I had a lovely day at school today - one of those days that actually make me realise that I can still do the job and moreso enjoy the work - have to hold onto those days when they come.

Hope to catch you later my beautiful cocky friend - have very much missed our catch ups and conversations. Love and hugs Hon Heart

utopia
Senior Contributor

It's midnight and tomorrow I drive to Melbourne for my appointment with my psychiatrist.  I have to tell him the meds aren't working the same. 

I'm not in the dark depths of depression,  but I'm heading that way. 

Then I stay at a hotel for the night because Tuesday morning I have my Incapacity Assessment with a psychiatrist I've never met.  His decision will determine whether I will receive a payout from WorkCover.  It will also determine whether I can sue my employer for what they did to me. 

Under Victorian law,  I have to be found to have at least a 30% incapacity due to the workplace incident.  I fear I won't even get 10%.

Maybe I'm too well now and I don't shows memory or cognitive impairment like I previously had.  Maybe my depression is classed as an OK level to be at. 

And my anxiety which is listed as moderate,  maybe this psychiatrist won't see that. 

I no longer think I have PTSD,  due to the EMDR therapy I got.  So I also no longer get panic attacks like I used to. 

I still get the beginning signs of panic attacks,  but I can now prevent it from getting to a full blown attack.  But I used to get multiple attacks every week. 

So is he going to assess me how I am now,  or how I've been during this 5 year period. 

Because I wanted to do this assessment years ago,  but I was deemed 'unstable'so I couldn't have it.  Unstable because my psychiatrist didn't know to what extent my 'normal'would be. 

It's all just bullshit.  Just because I'm not as bad as I was last July with suicide attempt,  doesn't mean that I'm now living life.  This is no life.  This is just slow torture. 

But maybe that doesn't matter to WorkCover. 

I'm anxious.  I'm teary (but I cant cry). I'm frustrated.  I'm scared.  Everything is out of my control. 

And tomorrow I'll be in a hotel room.  I'm not a fan of staying in hotels.  It's out of my comfort zone.  So I'll be even more anxious. And more scared. 

I feel shit tonight. I wish I could just cry.  It would release this pressure building up inside me. 

Time to try to sleep. 

Early start in the morning. 

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Thinking of you today @utopia 

i really hope today and tomorrow go well for you. 

Sending you love and hugs ❤️❤️

Thinking of you too @utopia , and hoping all goes as well as it possibly can ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance