Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Grandchildren

Hi @Razzle 

Families!!! - we could not be here without them but what fuss it can be!

It's wonderful news about your grand-daughter - congratuations etc -  wish the whole family the best

Your son is very young to be a Dad - I guess it's no consolation to you that the other grandmother is so controlling - she probably means the best for her daughter and it does not help to try harder to be a right-fighter about it - alas - it's better to be as loving as possible - 

I do know about it - I married my MIL's only son - bad idea - some people can be intractable and I understand - I wish I could say something really useful here but I know how families can be - don't we all

It is wonderful that the little girl is here now though - I would seek some kind of counselling about the best way to handle your over-bearing counterpart - I wish you the best - 

Sending my best wishes and - alas - what a confronting situation when everything should be wonderful

Dec

Oooh - I love babiesOooh - I love babies

And @Razzle 

You have every right to see your grand-daughter but with her other grandmother being so controlling this is very hard for you - I'm so sorry - it does take the shine off everything doesn't it

DecHeart

@Razzle 

Big Congratulations for the arrival of your granddaughter.  Treasure the cuddles.

Heart

Sorry there was a change of plan with a controlling mother of the mother. What is in the interests of the child or the mother seems up for too much debate these days. Smiley Sad  Too many big opinions.

Some people dont realise that a family is around the child and that walls need to be brought down instead of erected.

Heart

Congratulations @Razzle   on joining the Nanna club.  Sorry to hear the way you are being treated.  Hopefully over time your son will learn to be more assertive with his partner and her mother.  All you can do is love and be there when it becomes possible.  It hurts, I know.   Thinking of you and sending peace and strength.

Oh @Razzle 😢

im sorry they are treating you like this. Sounds like her mum has a huge influence. How dare she tell him what to say and do. 

I hope your son can stand up for himself. 

Oh I feel for you so much. 

Hugs ❤️❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance